kart Steering

hello y'all
I'm on a T300 wheel and when driving kart it is soo twitchy I cannot steer nor control it.
How do I make the wheel not so sensitive i guess?
My settings are FFB is @4 and FFB sensitive is @1

I have the same wheel and found the same issue with the karts.... they sure are twitchy :)

Rather than fiddling about with settings for the wheel I adjusted driving style / technique ( so I wouldn't have to keep playing with wheel settings).... much smaller and more gentle inputs.
Helped, but I still don't like driving the thing much! :cheers:

Hold the mode button and then press either left or right on the d pad, you will see the red light Flash from 1 to 5 times, 1 is least rotation, 5 is max rotation. It resets e wry time you hit retry or exit the track though, so it gets old quickly.

It’s tricky but lowering the rotation as @Pigems said could definitely help, otherwise, it’s all about not making any sharp movements with the wheel and being smooth. I must say, I do quite like just how close to the edge you feel on the wheel, you really get the sense that you’re threading the needle. The sense of speed with the karts is awesome, too.

At least its not as bad as PCars2. Those things want to tear your arms off.

There's only a handful of degrees of usable lock so its very important to have those movements be as smooth as possible.

I'm a pad driver, but here's my secret to being quick in the kart (within 1% of top times, usually I am 5-7% off)

TCS 5.

I'm nuts for doing this, but I keep the steering sensitivity at max (7). I doubt I use more than 50% steering at any point.

Be gradual and careful with the steering, but keep the right foot as heavy as possible. Smoothness and the line are all important. Without TCS5, the delicate throttle plus the delicate steering makes it impossible to go quickly. I say this as someone who drives nearly every other car with TCS0.

Have fun, the kart is it's own beast entirely.

kart steering is super sensitive, it takes a long adjustment period for me to get used to it. Use very minimal inputs...like tiny.

I use TCS2 usually with karts, but depends on the track. Most tracks have 1 or 2 turns that will try to kill you without it, and I have no shame in my game.

Also, something I learned recently is that you can turn ABS off in karts and it never locks up and even improves braking distance a little bit. Most of the aliens I've seen turn ABS off on karts only.

They're even harder on a G29 because you cannot adjust the degrees of rotation. It helps if you turn the max torque setting way down though, otherwise prepare to have your arms very sore.

They're even harder on a G29 because you cannot adjust the degrees of rotation. It helps if you turn the max torque setting way down though, otherwise prepare to have your arms very sore.
I actually like it turned up to higher... more realistic and the 'feel' is more available, since the actual movement is not there. But it is tough to get used to, no matter what! You don't want to jump between karts and Gr3 cars, for example!

Imo you need ffb with some weight on the kart. It’s actually not twitchy unless you’re not pushing it enough. It’s really a quite interesting challenge imo.
I notice a lot of people going with wide lines in it trying to carry more speed over a big arc, but I do better stuffing it in late rotating and goosing it on exit so covering min distance with slower apex speed but on throttle full earlier on exit. It’s more forgiving this way for me.
I leave wheel rotation alone. You just gotta get used to it then you see why it’s useful.

If you get on throttle EARLIER than you might think it works better imo.
I need that ffb, helps keep from putting too much steering angle into it which is a death move.

Like @Groundfish said, heavy ffb prevents you from oversteering. And like others mentioned, minimal input is all that needed and try to be smooth. I was showing a friend a replay of an oval race we did on DRWF and he asked why people were moving around so much while I wasn't. I told him being smooth is key. Try practicing on BMB first just to used to small inputs through the corners and work from there.

Back