karters: guess we don't count

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hendren
  • 22 comments
  • 1,430 views

should karts be allowed on the new track?


  • Total voters
    19
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
25
United States
United States
Messages
drkdglr
Evidently, we don't count. a new track that we CAN'T run on(again). one simple question for the powers that be. WHY NOT ALLOW US TO DO SO? we can run on the ring, and every other track. makes me want to race on a totally different game. why would anyone want to buy gt7 when it comes out, if this is how we're treated!
 
Evidently, we don't count. a new track that we CAN'T run on(again). one simple question for the powers that be. WHY NOT ALLOW US TO DO SO? we can run on the ring, and every other track. makes me want to race on a totally different game. why would anyone want to buy gt7 when it comes out, if this is how we're treated!

You can drive on it, you just have to be in a car
 
whut? never made the connection. you must be a rocket scientist
 
PD won't let you run a cart on Sierra because this will happen before you could actually complete a valid lap.
 
are you the grammar police?
Actually yes, we are all the grammar police. Each of us keeps an eye out for posts that don't follow the Acceptable Use Policy that you agreed to when you joined GTPlanet. Some members hit the "report" button but the moderators of the site give us a little leeway to politely remind wayward posters that we have certain minimum standards for posting here. Helps keep the place neat and tidy. If the polite reminder is not heeded, our next step is to notify a moderator. I've given you a polite reminder. You can ignore it if you wish, lots of people do...but not for long.

You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
 
Sorry for being off-topic.

whut? never made the connection. you must be a rocket scientist

Please keep it civil. No textspeak, capital letters at the start of sentences and no insults please.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/
I see no insults, just sarcasm.

are you the grammar police?
Actually yes, we are all the grammar police. Each of us keeps an eye out for posts that don't follow the Acceptable Use Policy that you agreed to when you joined GTPlanet. Some members hit the "report" button but the moderators of the site give us a little leeway to politely remind wayward posters that we have certain minimum standards for posting here. Helps keep the place neat and tidy. If the polite reminder is not heeded, our next step is to notify a moderator. I've given you a polite reminder. You can ignore it if you wish, lots of people do...but not for long.

It's not anyone's job to go be the grammar police, reminders are nice, but @Hendren has not made any illiterate posts. I fail to see the issue. By the way, it's the staffs job to be the upholders of the AUP.
 
Actually yes, we are all the grammar police. Each of us keeps an eye out for posts that don't follow the Acceptable Use Policy that you agreed to when you joined GTPlanet. Some members hit the "report" button but the moderators of the site give us a little leeway to politely remind wayward posters that we have certain minimum standards for posting here. Helps keep the place neat and tidy. If the polite reminder is not heeded, our next step is to notify a moderator. I've given you a polite reminder. You can ignore it if you wish, lots of people do...but not for long.

hallmonitor_zps7bd89389.jpg
:sly:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry, I just had to do it, couldn't resist. :mischievous:
 
It's not anyone's job to go be the grammar police, reminders are nice, but @Hendren has not made any illiterate posts. I fail to see the issue. By the way, it's the staffs job to be the upholders of the AUP.
It's common practice around here to give a friendly reminder to others to follow the AUP, member to member, so mods don't have to chase down every little infraction of the AUP. Nothing sinister about it, I've done it many times as have many others (I'm :eek: at you @GTP_CargoRatt :sly:), usually the person being reminded simply says thank you and it's not a problem after that. Once in a while they get abusive, then it's time to hit the report button.
 
It's common practice around here to give a friendly reminder to others to follow the AUP, member to member, so mods don't have to chase down every little infraction of the AUP. Nothing sinister about it, I've done it many times as have many others (I'm :eek: at you @GTP_CargoRatt :sly:), usually the person being reminded simply says thank you and it's not a problem after that. Once in a while they get abusive, then it's time to hit the report button.

That's why, for the most part, (unless its someone I know) I just find it easier to hit the "report" button in the first place as to avoid any unnecessary drama. A lot of members here simply don't like being corrected by another member. Probably to do with, a lot of times, the correcting member comes off as elitist (for lack of a better word), or like their 🤬 don't stink or they're better than everyone else. I know for me personally, I would much rather be corrected by a member of the staff for the simple reason that I don't feel like its other members job to go around correcting people. I see your point too but I just don't agree with it. Opinions vary.... you know. :) With us being good friends, I trust that you will not take my opinion here personally as it is not a knock against you. :) I just have to give you some 🤬 about it every now and again :mischievous:, that's all. :cheers:
 
Sorry for being off-topic.




I see no insults, just sarcasm.




It's not anyone's job to go be the grammar police, reminders are nice, but @Hendren has not made any illiterate posts. I fail to see the issue. By the way, it's the staffs job to be the upholders of the AUP.
Thank you for that. It's abundantly clear who was condescending to whom. Treat others as you would be treated. So I'm guessing that's what certain people wanted.
 
Last edited:
Political correctness rears it's ugly head. Not a big fan. Maybe I was trying to get a "mod" to say something, in order to get the point across. I paid the same as everyone else and should be able to use all of the game. I guess some people failed to see that.
 
Last edited:
That's why, for the most part, (unless its someone I know) I just find it easier to hit the "report" button in the first place as to avoid any unnecessary drama. A lot of members here simply don't like being corrected by another member. Probably to do with, a lot of times, the correcting member comes off as elitist (for lack of a better word), or like their 🤬 don't stink or they're better than everyone else. I know for me personally, I would much rather be corrected by a member of the staff for the simple reason that I don't feel like its other members job to go around correcting people. I see your point too but I just don't agree with it. Opinions vary.... you know. :) With us being good friends, I trust that you will not take my opinion here personally as it is not a knock against you. :) I just have to give you some 🤬 about it every now and again :mischievous:, that's all. :cheers:
Thank you.
 
I don't see why you can't use a kart on any track - they may not be suited to some tracks, but why can't people find that out for themselves?
 
I don't see why you can't use a kart on any track - they may not be suited to some tracks, but why can't people find that out for themselves?
Thank you for making my point. The very reason for the post. :boggled:
 
Last edited:
Thank you.
Double and triple posting is also highly discouraged at GTPlanet. You can use the "quote" function to respond to multiple posts at one time or the "edit" button to add something to one of your posts.
 
You just can't help yourself, can you? Maybe I'm not well versed at this. Makes no difference to you though. You are a bully! By the way, nowhere in the "A.U.P." does it state: Thou shalt make consecutive posts. An unwritten law is no law.
 
Last edited:
An unwritten law is no law.
https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/#double_posting
Political correctness rears it's ugly head. Not a big fan. Maybe I was trying to get a "mod" to say something, in order to get the point across. I paid the same as everyone else and should be able to use all of the game. I guess some people failed to see that.
We don't have any control over the contents, restrictions or application of Gran Turismo, so quite what a comment from the staff here will do escapes me.

I'd suggest posting it in one of the suggestions forums or Kazunori Q&A forum, but with a marginally better choice of words than the passive-aggressive version you chose for this one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back