Karting

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 15 comments
I haven't done it before, but I am very seriously considering a trip down to Florida to attend the START Racing School. It looks like a lot of fun! :)

I've done it a couple of times. One time at the Bleekemolen indoor kartcircuit in Delft. That's a circuit that is 5 levels high. And a couple of times at the indoor circuit here in Zoetermeer, just 10 minutes from my home.

Originally posted by Jordan
I haven't done it before, but I am very seriously considering a trip down to Florida to attend the START Racing School. It looks like a lot of fun! :)

That looks pretty cool, the pictures look a little bit out dated but if they've updated their karts to 2002 standards I'd really recommend that to you Jordan, they say a 100cc or 125cc kart feels closer to F1 than most car races or early formulas.

Cool, that's a great site! They go a lot faster than I remembered...that makes me want to do it even more! 😈

Originally posted by Talentless
I think I heard that karts can accel. to 60 mph like a Viper.

Mine does it in 5 or 6 seconds, but a 125cc Vortex shifter would probably do it in 4. ;)

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001

Mine does it in 5 or 6 seconds, but a 125cc Vortex shifter would probably do it in 4. ;)
And I can only imagine how much that speed is magnified when you're practically on the same level as the tarmac! :eek: :cool: Nice colors on your kart, by the way - I like it.

Originally posted by Jordan
And I can only imagine how much that speed is magnified when you're practically on the same level as the tarmac! :eek: :cool: Nice colors on your kart, by the way - I like it.

Yeah well that's a picture from a year ago, I now have a diffirent helmet, suit and I drive with another chassis (same team though, so same colors). Oh, and I have gained some height since then. :)

I did a couple of races at senior level in my early 20s as a stand in - ran solidly, didn't hurt the kart or hit anyone. It was amazing, but I also realised at the time I was kidding myself.

Originally posted by vat_man
I did a couple of races at senior level in my early 20s as a stand in - ran solidly, didn't hurt the kart or hit anyone. It was amazing, but I also realised at the time I was kidding myself.

Cool! What kind of engine did you run?

Back