KartKraft Coming to Consoles By End of 2019

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 23 comments
  • 5,113 views
Woohoo this will be nice, hoping mechanic simulator comes to consoles soon, but I am saving for gaming pc ;).
 
That's surprising.
 
This is the news I needed to hear today. Thank you. :)
 
Michael Schumacher Racing World Kart 2002 on PS1... am I the only one that played this? It's refreshing seeing a new kart racing game for once :)

I hope not. It sounds GREAT!!!

I've always wanted a game that takes you through the career of an F1 driver. And NO, not F1 2017 or whatever, I mean the entire career including karting, Formula Ford, GP2, sportscars, prototypes, whatever.

I thought Rieza was supposed to do a Senna game like that. I don't know what happened but that's really a dream racing game for me because who better than the F1 GOAT, Senna to do that with?

A schumi kart racing game sounds hella cool though. Wish I had a working PS2 and that game. Maybe it works on PCSX2.
 
This is great news. Kart Kraft looks like a lot of fun from what gameplay I've watched.

Seeing more sim titles coming to console is the best part for me. There is bound to be a PS5, I doubt PS4, version of Assetto Corsa Competizione too which will be fantastic.
 
I have this on Early access on PC (along with ACComp). On this game the graphics are great and the Photo Mode is one of the best (lighting, realistic feel to it). They are just testing VR (new update) this week.
 
Last edited:
You can find a car mechanic simulator on PS4 not sure how good the game is .

https://amzn.to/2tlS1lT

On Metacritic it says it's going to release on 131 days...

About KK, that's AWESOME! Since building a gaming PC is 🤬 expensive here, I can't wait for it to come to PS4!
 
I still need to get Kartkraft for PC.
 
Karts have typically been awfully implemented in most sims that have tried doing it, so I find it strange that there's a game focussing solely on this...


:confused:
 
VBR
Karts have typically been awfully implemented in most sims that have tried doing it, so I find it strange that there's a game focussing solely on this...


:confused:
I do like the karts in Automobilista. I think they come fairly close to what real life karts drive like. (IIRC. It's been a while since I drove a kart IRL.)
 
I was hoping for a PSVR kart game but given the visual fidelity of this game I doubt it'll support VR on console.
 
I still need to get Kartkraft for PC.
Which I did a few minutes ago.

:scared:

:)


My first attempt with my keyboard and my driver got a headache. :ouch:

20190214172040_1.jpg
 
Last edited:
VBR
Karts have typically been awfully implemented in most sims that have tried doing it, so I find it strange that there's a game focussing solely on this...


:confused:

I do like the karts in Automobilista. I think they come fairly close to what real life karts drive like. (IIRC. It's been a while since I drove a kart IRL.)

I just drove karts for the first time a month ago (nothing too fast, just the usual 6hp rental one with bumpers all around) and I must say most sims make it too difficult to drive a kart. It's very intuitive in real life, you can literally feel everything in an instant. I caught my first oversteer like I've been racing all my life. Whereas in game I would spin out every lap if I push. By the second session I was drifting hairpins. Granted I wasn't quick (about 5-6 secs off the lap record on a 40 sec track), but it's much easier than what I imagined real karting would be going by its representation in games like GT/rF/AMS. The lack of g-forces and vertical bumps is also a big component missing that's unlikely to be replicated unless you have an expensive motion rig. Also, unless you have a DD wheel it's also not going to be representative of the steering effort needed.

I'll still get KK because I collect racing games, but personally if you really want to experience karting just do the real thing. It's not called the most accessible form of motorsport for nothing 👍
 
VBR
Karts have typically been awfully implemented in most sims that have tried doing it, so I find it strange that there's a game focussing solely on this...


:confused:
Maybe to try and get it right, unlike the others?
 
I hate the Kartkraft guys. I bought their game (PC) and asked for support twice and never got an answer. :mad:
 
My initial look at KartKraft following the recent physics update.

 
Agree on physics/handling. Clearly the best in any sim to date.
Also – and this may just be my eyes – the graphics are great!
 
My initial look at KartKraft following the recent physics update.



Nice video. I do hope this does make it to consoles eventually.
 
Back