KartKraft | News and General Discussion

Are you interested?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia
Australia
Soulfresh-ACV
KARTKRAFT IS AN AUTHENTIC, INTENSE AND HYPERREALISTIC KART RACING TITLE DEVELOPED BY BLACK DELTA.

image-3-large.jpg

ss_cd67935288de7620d17212130b4af9f4c5532119-jpg.125399

Originally entitled KartSim, KartKraft is the evolution of a university game prototype created by ex-kart racer and Black Delta CEO, Zach Griffin. KartKraft lets players race karts capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in 3.1 seconds, with triple the cornering forces of a road car.

Scheduled for a Q1 2016 release on Steam’s Early Access, Unreal Engine 4 powered KartKraft, is an intense, hyper realistic kart racing game with real kart physics, laser scanned circuits, and a never-before-seen racing sandbox mode. Players can customize their avatar, kart and team with products from partners like FREEM, Alpinestars, CRG, IAME, MIR, Sparco, Arai, Arrow, Monaco, Praga, Sodikart and many more.

Main features:
  • Champions are Made in KartKraft: No suspension, no down force, no seatbelts; this is real kart racing. Sharpen your race craft as 30 other drivers hustle to get past and steal the chequered flag. With 3.5Gs of cornering forces thrust upon you every 3 seconds, you’ll quickly learn why only karting moulds you into a champion.
  • Faster than an exotic supercar: Power through the lower classes to unlock the 45+ horsepower, purpose built KZ2 racing kart capable of reaching 160km/h, just 18 millimetres off the ground. Accelerating from 0-100km/h in just 3.1 seconds, you’re quicker than the McLaren MP4-12C and as fast as the Lamborghini Aventador.
  • Race across the globe - From Europe to the USA: Race on world renowned circuits, from Sarno in Italy, Atlanta Motorsports Park in the USA, Paul Fletcher International in the UK and Geelong Karting Club in Australia. Laser scanned and reproduced with millimetre accuracy, you’re racing on the real track.
  • Real kart physics: Hear the motor scream as it reaches 21,000RPM. Feel the tyre biting into the asphalt while it generates 3x the cornering forces of a road car. See the chassis twist as you slam headfirst into the tyre wall. With the only dedicated kart physics engine in gaming, this is as real as it gets.
  • Build the ultimate race team: Buy a kart, create a team and invite your friends to race alongside you. Win races to unlock bigger headquarters, team skins, drones, rc cars and more.
  • Look as fast as you drive - Race with style: Kit out your avatar with the latest gear from Alpinestars, Freem, Arai, Sparco, Mir and more. From suits, gloves, boots, and helmets, choose the way you look on the track.

Last edited:
Apart from being supportive of a local game studio, I personally cannot wait for the release of early access. This could quite possibly become the Assetto Corsa of Kart racing.

Looks really good and can't wait to try it out, but what bothers me is that karting titles never have indoor kart racing which i really enjoy doing in real life, hope they will add some indoor tracks as well.

Apart from being a fan of Karting, this games look great.

Is it just me, or did anybody else think it looked liked PCars?

Apart from being a fan of Karting, this games look great.

Is it just me, or did anybody else think it looked liked PCars?

Regardless how it looks just hope that it drives better than PCARS. ;) I also find Karting extremely satisfying.

Hope this title will live up to expectations and turn out to be titles like AC/Dirt Rally with it's Steam Early Access.

If they get the physics right combining with a solid multiplayer platform for launch, this could be huge.

Closed Beta signup for the KartKraft announced

The KartKraft Closed Beta is due to commence shortly. Our primary objective for the Closed Beta is to get focused, hands-on gameplay feedback, so the number of participants in this phase of the Beta will be limited. Players who miss out on the first round of testing, will be given further chances as more waves of invitations are sent out in the coming weeks and months.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes but I still think I'll need a wheel before I can enjoy any karting game (or karting in other games).

When I first saw "KartKraft," I thought this was some Minecraft clone or mod devoted to racing. However, I basically seen this deal as a hardcore kart racing sim. Kart racing is no joke. Not that I did any serious karting before, but I did do some racing at some indoor kart facilities before. It helped me to appreciate the physical and fitness aspects of racing. Like, how can you expect to last in a proper race if you can't even feel all beat up after what... 10 minutes of karting? I'm envisioning this to be a quality karting sim. In the gaming landscape, while (a famous Nintendo racing game series) is kart racing mayhem, this game will probably get people to appreciate the real ferocity and ja ne sais quoi of proper karting.

Not sure I'll be playing KartKraft, but I do have some pretty good hopes for it.

There’s only one way to start this post, and that’s to apologise for the way we handled the delay of ‪#‎KartKraft‬ Early Access. Our lack of communication was simply not good enough, and we need to make sure it doesn’t occur again.

During the ongoing Closed Beta Test, we’ve been working with our dedicated community testers to improve every aspect of KartKraft. In just the past 48 hours, the most recent wave of the CBT group have completed 28,665 laps of Geelong onboard the IAME ‪#‎KA100‬ powered karts with testers from 37 different countries.

With an incredible response to the game during the entire CBT period, we’ve received highly detailed feedback and suggestions that we’ve been able to include in the weekly CBT releases. From the Force Feedback, Physics, Lighting, UX and UI, Wheel support, Triple screen support and overall level of performance, there’s not one component of the game we haven’t worked on and improved; with over 1600 fixes/features/improvements made during the past 10 weeks.

The CBT has also highlighted some key features and performance issues on lower end hardware that must be fixed before we release #KartKraft. Thus we have decided to extend the CBT period and release date by approximately 8 weeks to ensure KartKraft meets and exceeds your expectations on Day 1, even as an Early Access game. We will make a further announcement to confirm the exact release date in the coming weeks.

We will also be increasing the number of testers in the CBT and sending out additional waves beyond the initial allocation to make sure more of you are able to participate in the testing. (Those who were part of Thursday’s Beta wave who are still having issues redeeming your Steam Key, please expect an email with an updated key on Tuesday next week. We are currently working with Valve to resolve the issue.)

Finally, to those who are still awaiting a response to their recent emails and messages, please expect a slight delay in receiving a reply. We are currently working through a backlog of 3000+ messages from the past two days.

Thank you once again for your understanding and I leave you with new unedited in-game screenshots from the CBT showing off the ‪#‎IAME‬ ‪#‎X30‬ powered ‪#‎CRG‬, ‪#‎SODI‬ and ‪#‎DEADLY‬ karts with more videos and screenshots to come.

Interesting. They are letting KRP get first to market, well, unless it gets delayed, too. I wonder what kind of problems they have to fix before release in order to have to delay that much. They still have the better graphics though.

Couple of early release impressions here from Failrace and SuperGT. The game is still unfinished but they find the attention to detail in the car model impressive despite the odd flapping chain here and there.

I have only remembered having one proper kart racing game- Super 1 Karting. This package, though, looks great. I can relate to some of this action having raced rental karts before. Also, I remember the wild kart action in Automobilista. I would say it's a bit refreshing to have a quality kart racing sim apart from all the different car sims and racing sims. So I'm fairly intrigued with KartKraft.

Just remember- no banana peels, lightning bolts, blue shells or anything like that. This is REAL kart racing.

Tested this just after Christmas. The driving is fantastic!

One little strange thing though. When I exit the pit and start to drive the wheel feels fine. But if I have an incident and the kart stops completely, and then I start to drive again the wheel suddenly feels heavier. Has anyone else experienced this? I was wondering if it perhaps was a bug.

Can I have more than 3 AI racers?

The system of buying things is awkward. The things I bought my are not deducted from my account. Why would I need to by a kart if I just want to do practice lap on any circuit?

I like the concept of a career mode, but the joy a just taking any cart and try it out any circuit should be possible. Game has lots of potential. Sound, graphics, and physics are really good!

Can I have more than 3 AI racers?
Yep, I tend to race with a field of ten, so 9 AI and myself.
The system of buying things is awkward. The things I bought my are not deducted from my account. Why would I need to by a kart if I just want to do practice lap on any circuit?
The entire in-game economy is broken and meaningless, it's been that way since early access. I had hoped it would be fixed before release, but it's still the same, you start with 100,000K (K being the in-game currency) and while karts and race suits, etc have a price, when you buy they it doesn't change how much money you have left.
I like the concept of a career mode, but the joy a just taking any cart and try it out any circuit should be possible. Game has lots of potential. Sound, graphics, and physics are really good!
Yep for hot-lapping and single races is fine, but anyone looking for more than that will be disappointed.

Latest Posts

Back