Kaz discusses DLC plans for GT Sport

United States
Houston, TX
The_TetsuKobura
I'm not exactly sure how credible DualShockers is, but Kaz spoke about the plans he has for DLC content, including new tracks and cars.

https://www.dualshockers.com/gran-turismo-sport-dlc-cars-tracks/

"First of all, Yamauchi-san was asked whether we can expect Super GT cars in the game, and he mentioned that the plan is for them to be added via DLC."

He also goes on to say that he plans on adding vintage and commercial cars too, since it is a Gran Turismo game.

When asked about tracks, he replied, "of course!"

Still is interesting that he's talking about this before the game is out. Makes me wonder what the next couple of months will be like.

Good enough for me. He says we'll get dlc, we'll get it. We got dlc for GT5 and GT6. It wasn't a huge amount, but it was there. Unlike most people, I don't hang onto every word the guys says. If he can't do "500 cars" I'm not going to boycott GT forever or call him a liar. He has things he'd like to do and constraints on what he can do. Let's see what turns up. I think we'll get a Super GT car or two or three, a couple tracks at least (like Autopolis).

It wouldn't be that wise to start laying out exact plans/schedule for DLC now, they don't know how its going to sell, when other games may release or have DLC and what that might contain - no point in releasing Super GT cars if another game is for example - you'd want to release something else and/or move release date.

There is also the possibility that they will change DLC content based on feedback - if requests for (say) Spa were common they might bring that forwards over a bunch of cars.

I don't really see a reason to be negative about it yet

At the very least let them launch the game first!

Last edited:
PD should do a clear roadmap what and when to expect. Something I liked with the first PC and now Destiny2 is doing it right too.

Good enough for me. He says we'll get dlc, we'll get it. We got dlc for GT5 and GT6. It wasn't a huge amount, but it was there. Unlike most people, I don't hang onto every word the guys says. If he can't do "500 cars" I'm not going to boycott GT forever or call him a liar. He has things he'd like to do and constraints on what he can do. Let's see what turns up. I think we'll get a Super GT car or two or three, a couple tracks at least (like Autopolis).

Same. I expect DLC really, and honestly GT Sport is perhaps the most DLC ready game among the series yet. Whether that's a good or bad thing I don't know, but at least it lends credit to PD that they will support GT Sport for a while.

Back