Kaz's tuning vs our tuning

  • Thread starter Thread starter tka_tha
  • 6 comments
  • 1,453 views
Messages
199
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
Messages
IRT_tka_tha
What cars can we fine tune to bring closer to the real thing. Would adjusting tuning settings for some cars bring them closer to their real life copies. If so, then would PD consider replacing their default settings with a user's tune, if it was proven to be closer to the real car's feel?
 
You can look the specs of cars up, what spring rates and so on they use in real life if you really want.
 
Cauchy
You can look the specs of cars up, what spring rates and so on they use in real life if you really want.

That's one idea to use as a starting point for tuning.
What I'm trying to do here is explore the possibility that we have GT5 users, who own the same car in real life, and GT5 experienced tuners, collaborate to produce a tuned car that is superior to GT5's stock car in terms of being closer to the real life copy.
 
Last edited:
That's one idea to use as a starting point for tuning.
What I'm trying to do here is explore the possibility that we have GT5 users, who own the same car in real life, and GT5 experienced tuners, collaborate to improve on what PD has provided in stock form.
I really fail to see the point of what your saying.

Are you saying you want people who own the car in real life to try various setups to improve the in game setups for that car?

This is pointless, first the physics model is not perfect so your better off tuning for gt5 and real life separately.
 
Cauchy
I really fail to see the point of what your saying.

Are you saying you want people who own the car in real life to try various setups to improve the in game setups for that car?

This is pointless, first the physics model is not perfect so your better off tuning for gt5 and real life separately.

I'm not talking about real life tuning at all. The goal in GT5 was to mimic real life car feel as much as possible (within the limits of their physics engine). So, again, my question is, can we use tuning settings to improve on the job that PD has done? Even if it's minor small enhancements, a small camber change, or a little height adjustment, that one can come up with and then claim that his tune is better that PD's (in terms of being closer to stock real life copies).
 
Last edited:
I get what you're saying tka, and I think it's a good idea. With the sheer volume of cars in GT5 it's inevitable that some of them aren't going to handle quite like their real life counterparts.

The biggest obstacle I see in what you're proposing however? Finding people who not only own the cars in question, but who also have the skill and experience with them to accurately translate that to GT5. I mean, I've driven a Sentra for the past few years, but because I've never driven it anywhere near the limit, I couldn't really tell you how it would behave in a racing environment.

There are, however, some very knowledgeable people on this forum. So perhaps a few cars could be done at least.
 
@praetorr Thanks. I agree with you that most people don't normally drive their cars at their limits. Maybe if one of the good tuners on this forum adopts the idea a few cars could be made. If the result is a car that is convincingly closer to reality than PD's, then I think PD should reward the concerned people....maybe a free DLC(s)! :)
 
Last edited:
Back