Kazunori Yamauch interview

  • Thread starter Thread starter P1
  • 34 comments
  • 2,830 views
Not surprised. This is classic PR talk with "safety net" projected release dates.

If he actually can give you a solid date now, then it would be something that should be questioned. The basic core programming is, IMO, already set. Basically all they are doing now is adding more content to it plus some tweaking of the code. So no one should expect to see a large difference in the very core of the game from GT5P to GT5, its not like they are going to add a helicopter in GT5 ;)

There will be a jump in content from GT5P to GT5, no doubt; Cars, tracks, you name it. One thing about the "Joystiq" article which fanned this news that most people may missed is, and I quote:

In fact, he confirmed that the proper, disc-based Gran Turismo 5 might not even roll out before 2010.

IMO, GT5P + all the updates will already be very close to the final GT5, when it is ready to be released.

So, if you don't already have GT5P, yes it will be a long wait.
 
Think of GT5:P as evolving into GT5. From Kaz's past comments, GT5:P will 'become' GT5, though more in the sense of physics, graphics, structure, essentially the game engine. What GT5 will be bringing to the table over GT5:P is content.
 
I will assume that you have not played Warhawk with up to four players on one system, while online in a 32 player game?


Now, whether GT5P could actually pull that off is a different story, but online multiplayer with more than one person on a single system has been done already.
You'd assume correctly, I wasn't sure how the compromises per system would work out over a network, obviously if it's been done and I'm assuming that you've used Warhawk as a respone that it's been done well in that then I certainly wouldn't be against that idea.
 
I will assume that you have not played Warhawk with up to four players on one system, while online in a 32 player game?


Now, whether GT5P could actually pull that off is a different story, but online multiplayer with more than one person on a single system has been done already.

I get what you're saying, but the data for one enemy unit compared to a race car is emensly different. It takes up much much more data to get one cars motion onto your PS3 then it does 4 people in a game like warhawk.
 
You'd assume correctly, I wasn't sure how the compromises per system would work out over a network, obviously if it's been done and I'm assuming that you've used Warhawk as a respone that it's been done well in that then I certainly wouldn't be against that idea.
Actually you will see it all the time when playing in random matches. You will see guys with their username and a number after it. Example: Warhawkroxor (1) and Warhawkroxor (2).

The only downfall is that it cannot be used in a ranked match, but that is understandable as it prevents rank whoring.

And I have done it with a friend at my house playing with me. If you can get in a 2v2 or 4v4 match with your entire team at your house it makes coordination much easier because you can also see what your teammate is seeing. So, if they are pinned down by a sniper you can see in his screen where that sniper is and go there instead of just trying to find them based on audio cues.

And I have also been in Rock Band online where the other guy(s) had three people on their one system.

I get what you're saying, but the data for one enemy unit compared to a race car is emensly different. It takes up much much more data to get one cars motion onto your PS3 then it does 4 people in a game like warhawk.
Like I said, I don't know how it would, or even could, work in GT5P, but the network ability is there, and I imagine that if they use dedicated servers at some point it should be easier.

Some of it may be reliant on individual Internet speed too, but I am unsure.

But as I don't program this stuff and telecom has advanced since I got my degree (online outside of LAN play on PC was rare then) I can't say what is truly possible for Prologue and/or GT5.
 
Back