Kazunori Yamauchi hinted that GT5P could become the Full GT5!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter jweaver
  • 48 comments
  • 5,204 views
Fixed the youtube vid for you jweaver... click edit to see how you do it... you only need the code of the vid within the youtube tags 👍

Many thanks for that.. And I thought I worked it out myself :)
 
Thanks for that jweaver:tup:👍


Damage very very soon.
 
top video,
damage coming soon is GREAT news,
love that new steeringwheel,
bad driving in the amazing looking f2007!!...
 
I think the main idea would be like, give out free online updates for bugfixes and online problems solution and then release a huge update AND a physical copy to retailers for GT5 (full game) psn huge download being cheaper or something so then everybody's happy :P

Thank jweaver btw :)
 
It would be very odd for PD to release updates instead of releasing a full-game. It just wouldn't make alot of sense... who really wants to download 900 cars, 40 tracks etc
 
But what I am thinking is that GT5P could have regular updates until it evolves into GT5.. At this point, everyone who bought GT5P now have the 'full' GT5 (whether they have had to pay for the updates is unknown).. At the same time GT5 would be release as a full game and people who didn't buy GT5P could simply buy it at this point.

I am not saying for a second that this WILL happen.. My theory is based on what was said in the Interview!

Jon
I think a big issue with this possiblity is disk space. I think most would expect GT5 to take up a large part of a blue ray disk, to download a full games worth of content on the scale of what GT5 should be is not something that is plausable with standard sized HDD's and the various ones fitted into PS3's. You'd effectively be telling some people, no you can't have the full game because you bought the basic PS3 package and it would be a marketing nightmare. We have to remember the full GT5 will probably have addons released extra cars and tracks perhaps etc after release so they have to be accounted for as well. PD can't generalise on the idea that everyone has and will install a cutom HDD with 100GB+ space on it, ofcourse GT5 won't need 100GB but it will probably need 50GB the rest of the space would be wanted for demo's, videos, game addons, the OS smaller downloadable games like Warhawk etc.

I have heared that you may be able to get a discount on GT5 if you already bought GT5P but that's just an unconfirmed rumour. I do see GT5:P evolving, but more for test bed material, I don't see it evolving into the full game.
 
Brilliant video; good info and good footage

Although the voiceover man should be hung by his own intestines.
 
Brilliant video; good info and good footage

Although the voiceover man should be hung by his own intestines.

Are you talking about the guy who did the commentry? I thought it was the same guy all the way through, but he was putting on a 'Southern' or perhaps 'Texan' accent.

Saying that I am from the UK, so I have no idea about North American accents...

Jon
 
Good to see they are going to implement sixaxis features, I know people arnt a fan of steering that way but its quite neat to do it for a laugh...
 
I dont like the idea of slowly downloading prologue into gt5. I want gt5 to be a full game I can sink my teeth into.
When gt5 comes out I'm planning on not getting any sleep for a long time, I want to feel the massive world of gt5, not be given portions and portions.
 
It would be great if ther would be an update for GT5 Prologue once or twice a month :D
 
'Car deformation very soon' This is great news :D

Thanks jweaver !!!!:D:D
 
Just some food for thought, given how long all this car modelling etc takes, and given how KY said car deformation is coming very soon, and finally, given that he also said some manufacturers still aren't onboard (but they will be), one can only assume that for it to be ready 'very soon', they must have done most of it already?

Is it possible that they've modelled the deformation already, and just have to get permission from those last few hold outs before implementing it?

Nothing comes very soon in the world of GT, unless it's already done...

Here's hoping 👍
 
Well the cars have taken a lot of time mainly because now they're made of parts inside of one solid piece so, I guess they already have damage sessions and testing internally and that in the next few months we might have an update or something who knows?

car parts aren't just for bodykits, I guess you can add rendered crash/deformations to that aswell :P
 
I want that steering wheel! Never used one before but I guess I can start now.
I too see GT5:P receiving extra downloads but I think GT5 proper will come on a Blu-ray.
 
I want that steering wheel! Never used one before but I guess I can start now.
I too see GT5:P receiving extra downloads but I think GT5 proper will come on a Blu-ray.

Yeah same here.
 
I'm pretty sure what he means is that through numerous prologue updates, the players (fans) will see Prologue being transformed into what will be GT5. However, this being the way GT5 will be released would be stupid; not everyone has internet and not everyone has 35gig space (bluray space estimate) to spare for the game on the PS3 and certainly, people don't have 3+ hours to "update" prologue through the whole changes made throughout the year of patch and updates.

Overall, Prologue will receive numerous updates such as a Beta MMO before final release. But once the final release arrives, it will be released on a brand new disc, in package.

that's imo of course.
 
Updates are great and all (here is for hoping for an F1 spin off within GT5!), but I would rather purchase the full game and have it all in one place; on one disk. Then update as I see fit.
 
I highly appreciate all updates, let them coming!

For people who don't want to taste GT5 in form of Prologue, there will be full GT5 disc and DL for sure.
 
Back