Kazunori Yamauchi IAmA @ Reddit (FINISHED)

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 520 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
tHW8YKn.png

The AMA will be up at 10 am EDT (2 pm GMT/UTC) and I will post the link to the IAmA when it's up. :)

(For the unknowing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit#Subreddits)

Link to AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/298n04/i_am_kazunori_yamauchi_the_video_game_designer/

The AMA has ended! Stop whining about standard cars, people!

Last edited:
Some people didn't know what AMA or IAmA is, so:

One of the most popular subreddits is IAmA ("I Am A") where a user may post "AMAs" (for "Ask Me Anything"), or similarly "AMAAs" ( for "Ask Me Almost Anything") – prompts for others to ask questions about any topic. AMAs are open to all Reddit users, and use the site's comment system for both questions and answers; it is similar to a press conference, but online. This subreddit was founded in May 2009.

A number of notable individuals have participated in the IAmA subreddit, including President Barack Obama (while campaigning for the 2012 election), Dave Grohl, Madonna, Chris Hadfield (who answered questions from the International Space Station), Bill Gates, Ron Paul, Stephen Colbert, Psy, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rachel Maddow, Renée Fleming, Louis C.K., Roger Federer, Larry King, Philip Zimbardo, Bill Nye, Stan Lee, John Mather, David Copperfield, Paul Krugman, Danny Boyle, Al Gore, Roger Ebert, Michael Bolton, Gary Johnson, Lawrence Krauss, Jill Stein, Kevin Rudd, Amanda Palmer, and Tim Ferriss. As of April 2014, Barack Obama's AMA is the highest rated on the site; the increased traffic brought down many parts of the website when the AMA occurred on August 29, 2012.

Celebrities participating in IAmAs have seen both positive and negative responses. Woody Harrelson's AMA was criticized after Harrelson declined to answer questions that were unrelated to the movie Rampart he was promoting. In contrast, rapper Snoop Lion attracted 1.6 million page views after conducting an AMA that provided several candid responses to the community's questions.

💡

So he's going to answer newly posted questions on Reddit rather than the hundreds already posted here? Granted a lot of questions are bound to be the same as asked here but still, why do it twice? The questions are already here, ready to answer at his leisure.

Not everything's going to "newly posted". I mean, most of the question will be most likely copy pasted from here. ;)

Not everything's going to "newly posted". I mean, most of the question will be most likely copy pasted from here. ;)

That is essentially what I said.

Maybe hes trying to reach out to different media outlets? Lots of people say he doesnt communicate with the community, well here you go!

Well yes but now he's going the other way, offering to answer questions in one place then going to do the same somewhere else before he answered the first lot.

So he's going to answer newly posted questions on Reddit rather than the hundreds already posted here? Granted a lot of questions are bound to be the same as asked here but still, why do it twice? The questions are already here, ready to answer at his leisure.
Sounds horribly uninviting now you post it that way.

Reddit is usually a respectable place.

Well yes but now he's going the other way, offering to answer questions in one place then going to do the same somewhere else before he answered the first lot.
Killing two birds with one stone?

Kaz: "I rather stay here on Rebbit where it's safe." Saids Kaz relieving for comfort in Reddit. :sly: But really not sure why he's going there over here when he's just going to be asked the same questions again.

He's weird.

Well that depends entirely on what questions he answers there. I have a feeling they'll mostly be personal ones.
Hopefully, they'll. Would like to see mainly non-GT questions asked and answered, else the Q&A section will appear pretty pointless.

Last edited:
Is this legit; confirmed by Sony/PD/whoever?

Seems far too unannounced, I think we'd know about it here on GTP already...

So youre saying he wont answer gtplanet's Q&A because reddit covers it? Maybe not. Then why the blog, why the Q&A section here on GTP? No reason to think a quick questionnaire will make due for a dedicated section on a website. Thats counter productive. And truly, I know PD and Kaz are more intelligent than that.

So youre saying he wont answer gtplanet's Q&A because reddit covers it? Maybe not. Then why the blog, why the Q&A section here on GTP? No reason to think a quick questionnaire will make due for a dedicated section on a website. Thats counter productive. And truly, I know PD and Kaz are more intelligent than that.

I'm not saying he won't answer them, I'm saying it's a little odd to offer to answer questions in one place and then go and offer to answer potentially the same questions somewhere else before you answer the first batch. Why not answer all of the questions here (or at least the one he's prepared to answer) and then through the power of the internet grapevine the answers will all be out there, not needing them to be answered on Reddit. Instead he's going to possibly answer the same things twice in different places.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy he's finally connecting with his customers, just seems an arse about face way he's going about it.

There's also a lot of hostility and negativity towards Kaz and PD around here. Reddit would be more positive and constructive.

Back