Kazunori Yamauchi Interview: Gran Turismo's Community is "Like a Family"

Is it already known where world final will be happening? We got now on US region final no new track so I guess in world final we got most important track, Spa:cheers:

I think we can forget track editor. It's a miracle we have had this pattern of 1 track per month.

We can thank VR for that. I can only imagine the amount of work it takes to get these tracks looking good in VR. Yikes!

Article
But you won’t encounter Kaz_Yamauchi on the track, as he doesn’t enter with his name.
There's an AI driver with a Japanese flag called K. Yamauchi though. :sly:

full

Very nice interview. It's always refreshing to read bits and pieces of what's going on in Kaz's mind.

I like this quote:

“Yes, every once in a while, but I think I was fastest in Gran Turismo maybe 14 years ago!” _ Kaz

Mainly because 14 years ago, without online multiplayer, everyone was the fastest in Gran Turismo (4). :D
No way he could've beaten Holl's record times.
Especially mission 34.

Then again, isn't that true of any large dysfunctional group with a head that behaves inexplicably amd refuses to explain itself?

Is it already known where world final will be happening? We got now on US region final no new track so I guess in world final we got most important track, Spa:cheers:

I believe (and hope) the World Finals will be 5 rounds instead of 3. The first three races will be tracks they are familiar with and round 4 and 5 for double points will be SPA & Silverstone. Two HUGE names that are just weird not having on our track list. I think they are holding the cards so the Finals are more Ooooo and Ahhhh if you get what I’m saying. Fingers crossed though

Hey that’s me! :D

Me as well. I'm 22 today and I have played GT since I got my PSOne in the Christmas of 2000... Damn, 18 years playing this series, holy 🤬! :lol:

Also, nice seeing 7 brazilian qualified for the event and seeing Interlagos twice.

By the way, what's McMillen doing there?! He shouldn't be allowed, he won GT Academy! :lol:

Last edited:
I´m not surprised KAZ thinks about all this as a family. Something I noticed years ago is that compared to the people that buy every GT game, only a little few try to improve the times until they are on their limit. In other words, not so many people have played competitively this game. We should think this is just the beggining, because GT Sport is just the first game of the saga with electronic esports orientation. Maybe this is the first time Kaz sees people cheering so much a local player when he was doing an overtake for the lead, people getting emotional for Gran Turismo, his creation. GT Academy brought lots of talent to the game, but now things are quite different. The example of F1 KAZ mentioned is just so clever: if this esport scope really succeeds and persists in time, the work of developers, players, journalists and forums like GTP will have been fundamental.

It is very positive that KAZ and their team are aware that there are people who love the game so much they can even manage to get time from the important stuff in their lifes and dedicate it to spend serious hours in it. I did know Kaz played a bit from time to time, but i didnt know he took place in GT3 Time Trials in GTP and GTAcademy!

Question: Can anyone tell me Kaz´s translator name?

Last edited:
" But you won’t encounter Kaz_Yamauchi on the track, as he doesn’t enter with his name. "

The Search Begins.It's the ultimate game easter egg,find Kaz in GT Sport.

Every month he brings us new toys

The mostly new toys he already took away from us first? :sly:

I swear they are gearing up for the PS5 launch.

I feel like the game is nearly dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
My prediction is that the next GT will try to blend the old GT single player carrer mode with the esport multiplayer,i think thats the way to attract a bigger public to the Franchise.
Kaz has more or less stated this. The online GT Sport mode is here to stay. I feel like even the biggest sceptics have been won over. But I fully expect a traditional GT single-player experience to complement it in ‘GT7’.

Where are this numbers from?I want to believe but that seems to be alot of players.
There are various methods like Kudosprime. Although that one is only an approximation based on limited data and seems to somewhat undertrack actual accounts/players.

Last edited:
I hear you folks about the game being alive. I love GT. It’s the only game I’ve played since release. I bought a new TV and wheel for GT only in my office.

Here are my concerns:
It looks like more people are leaving than joining the game.

Nearly 6 million have GT and only 10% play per week.

I’d also argue many jump on just for the daily gift. Others play single player, sport, OR lobbies.

I play lobbies and can expect 2-3% of the 6 million on at some point during the week.

I have over 100 friends that played lobbies actively through most of the year. Now I’m lucky if 10 are on during peak times. It’s usually less than 5.

The game is not dead, it’s amazing actually. Just that most people have moved on.

Latest Posts

Back