KeaneMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ash6660
  • 9 comments
  • 653 views
Messages
306
I think that newer British band, Keane, are a great band...but slightly same-ish

I bought there album 'Hopes and Fears', which is currently the number 1 album in Britain at time of writing this. It truly is a great album, not a poor song on there, but even though it is the perfect album, I was disappointed.

I know they are only quite a new band, therefore they lack experience in Music, but their songs are very same-ish. One song on the album called 'Somewhere only we know' sounds typical to there style of Vocals, Drums, Pianos and Keyboards, in fact, almost too typical, as this song seems to set the same-ish tone for the rest of the Album.

But along with other new bands like 'The Thrills', I feel they are very good, producing a standard of music that I have always hoped for, and their music is in my opinion certainly the best sounding music around at the minute, much better than that rap-crap...

What do you think?
 
How can you have a band without a guitarist?
 
daan
How can you have a band without a guitarist?

There is no Guitarist, which is what I think they are lacking. But, there are so many effects and Guitar sounds produced by the Keyboard that you really don't notice. And when played along with the Orchestra overdubs, you don't notice.

The Lyrics are another good point in their music. They don't always make sense, but when depressed cos a girl has split up with you or summink, they seem to be singing exactly what you are thinking, or exactly what you'd wished you'd said. Their songs are very touching
 
I think the album is superb, but it's getting played to death on the radio (and by some people in my lab/office :crazy: ) ... When they performed at the Brit awards, I was impressed by the sound they achieve with just vocal, piano and drums... no bass, no guitars, nothing... they richly deserved their 'Album of the Year' accolade... SO happy that Franz Ferdinand didn't get it... not that I dislike their album too much, but 'Michael' is a dreadful song (and it's on the GT4 soundtrack too... :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: )
 
I like what I've heard from them, but they're being over-hyped by MTV right now...I don't see them becoming anything anything spectcular.
 
Great album, great band 👍

As a Coldplay fan, this is my kind of music :)

Although I'm into rock too!
 
lotus350
Although I'm into rock too!

You can't be you're a girl! :P

Keane, are good but don't quite float my boat, I don't see them as a proper band, can't get my head around how they don't have a guitarist, like Daan said. I think the addition of a guitarist would make them that much better............but having said that, that's also probably why they're soo successful as they're differnt to anyone else out there as they don't have a guitarist...it's a no win situation in my opinion.

On a differnt note, anyone heard of Razorlight (ok the Brits should of heard of them and if not you should be shot!). I can't stop playing Golden Touch.
 
i like keane, nothing wrong with them, good songs, but a little bland
 
stumpydino
i like keane, nothing wrong with them, good songs, but a little bland

Was going to say the same in my reply.

'Her Majesty' fits me better though, a bit more bite in their music.
 
Stick with Hopes and Fears. The more you listen to it, the more each song begins to differentiate itself from the rest. Although Somewhere Only We Know is the best song on the album by a country mile, the rest of them are excellent too. It's just that they sit in the shadow of "Somewhere..." for quite a while. The final track Bedshaped is awesome.

It was almost my pick for the best album of 2004. Only beaten last month by the 2004-released Hot Fuss by The Killers.
 
Back