Keep getting component failures!!

• Thread starter Bigair
  • 12 comments
Bigair01
i started my career on medium and i ddont know the trackts too well so i decided to start a world championship first and get to know all the tracks and such. I am good enough to qualify 1st with all the driver aids turned off ( besides ABS brakes).. For the past 2 races so far i keep getting component failures and dont get to finish my race!! wtf !!! help

:ill: Erm, that's pretty strange, the only component failure i've ever had was my engine blew up as I went off the start line :L. But I thought that was due to me using too many engine revs on the parade lap and start line.
What kind of failures are you talking about?

first race i got an engine failure on lap 14/30 !! i was at pole position :( .

second race i got a rear wing failure .. the whole rear wing fell off.

i am going to start my third race this weekend and see if it happens again.

It's only 2 races, relax. If it happens again, then that's when you get suspicious.

Your whole rear wing just fell off!! If it was on its own, and no-one hit you, then you have serious problems XD lol.

Its not a common failure, but it does happen. I've seen it happen to the AI.

That has to be the most dangerous component failure possible IRL, mainly because it will only ever happen when you're going at high speed and it leaves you completely helpless to control where the car is headed. I think it happened a few years back to Monteiro at Suzuka (I think?) and it could have been so much worse.

It happened to Ralph Firman in the Jordan at Hungary 2003:

WOW! I've never seen that before. Scarily, he musn't have even realised his wing had fallen apart because he carried on at full pelt. I don't care what safety standards are like nowadays, he was lucky to have lived.

I've seen the rear wing failure in real life about 6 or 7 times combined in several racing series over the years :ouch: Now I'm an old Fart and I've watched a lot of racing :dopey: like Ardius said it's rare but it does happen :scared: I would also say that if something happens to you in your next race :odd: that it might be sabotage from your own crew :eek: :lol:

Kimi had the same thing happen to him at McLaren. I think it was the year before he joined Ferrari. Race in Career Mode. Haven't had a component failure once. Pretty sure you can't!!!

Kimi had the same thing happen to him at McLaren. I think it was the year before he joined Ferrari. Race in Career Mode. Haven't had a component failure once. Pretty sure you can't!!!

Happened to Kimi in 2004. How fitting is it that it was in Germany? :P

And I'm pretty sure the same thing happened to Damon Hill on that exact same corner in 1995, except it was at the start of the race. Then again I can't remember if he just spun off or if his wing came off.

Back