Keep getting disconnected from sever in Quick Match

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 5 comments
United States
Addison IL.
Hello. For some reason I quite often get disconnected from the server and it seems to happen more and more when racing in Quick Match. Sometimes its in the middle of a race, and sometimes its hard just getting in a race. Not sure if it matters but I have PS-Plus and the fastest internet the company offers. Don't know if it happens to everybody but it sure is frustrating.

Thanks for any answers

Hello. For some reason I quite often get disconnected from the server and it seems to happen more and more when racing in Quick Match. Sometimes its in the middle of a race, and sometimes its hard just getting in a race. Not sure if it matters but I have PS-Plus and the fastest internet the company offers. Don't know if it happens to everybody but it sure is frustrating.

Thanks for any answers
Your are not the only one getting these issues with the server.

And it's very frustrating... it happens even after clearing GT6's cache, doing the PS3's connection test, resetting my modem, blah blah blah. It seems it's cyclical, as this is far from the first time for me. Not sure what else to do, as I've done most everything I've read about here on GTPlanet including setting up DMZ etc etc.

No answers but you're not alone either. Misery always loves company, right?

Cheers

I agree on the cyclical nature of it. Two weekends ago, I had little difficulty, yet starting somewhere over this past weekend its been miserable.

I don't know if location has anything to do with it but being in the UK, I rarely have a problem. Even in the busiest QM's, I can car swap easily.

Perhaps the peering in your neck of the woods is a lot busier?

I got a more stable connection when I went wired versus wireless. It's still hit or miss though, just, a bit less. Can be first try in a filled room or can't connect for a half hour.

Back