**Keeping fit in winter**

• Thread starter alex_gt
  • 3 comments

**Up and out of bed**

• Definately harder in winter..

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I get up exactly when the alarm goes anytime of year..

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • zzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Ok I do an upper body workout 3 times a week and that's going well.

However I like to keep fit and keep the heart, lungs etc... going strong.

All summer :sun: I would run 3 mornings a week for 20 minutes :clock:

I was out of bed for 5:30 and was up no problem.

However with winter I can see myself falling into bad habbits of sleeping in. Obviously it is going to be harder with ice, snow and very dark mornings..

Recently I have been sleeping in
happy59.gif
and do about 1 run a week.

Does anyone else find that winter :snowflake and a warm bed affects there fitness routines?

I'm going to dicipline myself to run this weekend but wondered if anyone had tips for not having that extra 10 minutes which lasts 1 hour?

Take a bit of time off from your work-out routine at the beginning of winter just get the hunger back. You might be over-training and your motivation starts to get stale. Don't try to do the same distance that you would normally cover in summer.

Change up your workouts in the winter. Do some weight training or another type of indoor workout. By spring you will be ready to run again.

I like to do some entirely different workouts in the winter. I consider it a good time to cut, as you dont do as much energy requiring things in the winter anyways. I will concentrate on a really good low carb diet during the cold months, so that by summer- i can afford to eat a little heavier for more muscle gain w/ out too much risk of access fat gain.

Latest Posts

Back