Keeping It Real-Pure Stock Equals More Fun...

United States
U.S.A.
Well I finally did it and sold off all my standard cars, with their extra goodies and such, and kept only my premiums that are 100% complete. I researched each one and tuned them accordingly trying to get them all as close as possible to each cars actual real specs. Took me 2 months, but the benefit was testing each one. With all the abilities I have to do hybrids and big time horsepower, I had forgotten how much fun it was to race these beauties stock. I also forgot how good the AI actually is when competing with other cars of the same era or class. Having v2.11 helped that situation so I had a great time racing my all American Ford Mark IV '67, especially against that other guy ! Being as close to the original real race car specs as I could, I finally passed him mid circuit, but that Ferrari and also the Jaguar stayed on my butt the whole way. Keeping it real I'm having way more fun. And hell ya... This old guy can still live up to his name.. Photo/Race Replay video is below for those interested.

Trivia:
Four Years In A Row From 1966 to 1969 The Ford GT Race Car Finished First Winning The 24 Hour Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe Endurance Race. This Le Mans winning Ford Mark IV '67 was driven by Dan Gurney And A.J. Foyt And Finished 1st Overall At Le Mans Beating The Ferrari By 5 Laps In 1967. It Also Won That Same Year The 12 Hours Of Sebring. Actual Real Race Car Horsepower Was 523 HP.

Edit: Video Updated Using The Old Circuit With No Bus Stops In Keeping With The Era.

Last edited:
Just did the Nurburgring 24 Hr circuit with the Jaguar XJ13 Pure Stock. Great fun and fierce night time battle to the end against those other two 20 million dollars guys. I'll get the video up soon, but here's a couple brand new pics from the race to enjoy...

Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66-At Nürburgring 24Hr (1).jpg
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66-At Nürburgring 24Hr (2).jpg

Just finished the Ferrari at Daytona (Road Course) too, so now I've completed the big 3 stock in hard mode. Again, with the fun factor...

Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67-At Daytona Road Course (1).jpg

Latest Posts

Back