Keiichi Tsuchiya's (Drift King) Drift Bible - English Translated

• Thread starter clanegie
  • 18 comments
Singapore
Singapore
Well.... I'm not very sure if this video was ever posted in GTPlanet, but I did try searching and wasn't able to find any post with this video.

Here's the video of Keiichi Tsuchiya (Drift King) giving a lesson on what the hell is drifting all about. He teaches 6 basic techniques in his lesson which I felt that it adds quite a bit of knowledge for new drifters. I choose to add this thread not in the video section as I felt this is more on knowledge whereas I felt the video section is more on showcasing each drifters potential. Hope all of you can enjoy as much as i did.

Enjoy...

http://www.dailymotion.com/videos/relevance/search/keiichi+drift+bible/1

Guys, are all the techniques demostrated by Keiichi applicable in GT4?

Anyone know what is he referring to when he quoted "Dynamic drifting"?

Been a while since I saw it, but I think dynamic drifting basically means anything utilizing weight shifting. Brake drift, feint and lift-off would be dynamic whereas power over and e-brake is not.

Ske
Been a while since I saw it, but I think dynamic drifting basically means anything utilizing weight shifting. Brake drift, feint and lift-off would be dynamic whereas power over and e-brake is not.

Yeah.... That makes more sense to it now. It would most probably be what you had mention Ske..

But somehow, the way he drives is like so much different to it on GT4. It would be fantastic if GT5 can support the H-gears and implement clutch just like real life, with engine stalling when you mishandled them. That would be so GREAT!!!

Dynamic is just using lift off over steer, nothing else.

And I've had this since 04 as well...

Just lift off the gas some while you turn the car. At higher speeds, or near the limits of the car, it will almost always result in understeer. Especially if a thick rear sway bar is on.

lift off is just lifting off the gas pedal, yes.
but it only works with cars that are neutral or have a slight oversteer to them at/near their limits.
go take a stock nsxr on n1 and go grip tsukubas sweeper. halfway through the corner lift off the gas completely. what happens?
thats right, you oversteer, thats all it is.

In real life its a bit different. Most any car can be made to oversteer with this method, as long as enough speed is being carried.

And just use an MR2 or any other MR car... they will all do it.

Ske

exactly, you can call this weight transition too

Back