Kentucky Speedway

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 5 comments
United States
N. Jessamine, KY
JMoney-689
Woodside689
Kentucky is my home track and a offers a challenging NASCAR race. It would make a great addition to Gran Turismo.

IMG_4597.JPG

Tell us more! What makes this track a compelling choice? Maybe some anecdotes?

It's one of the most difficult 1.5-mile track on the NASCAR schedule, there are no D-oval tracks other than Daytona in GT6.

Now admittedly I'd much rather see Atlanta/Texas Motor Speedway, but Kentucky would still nice. Daytona and Indy are two of the most historic, yet boring tracks on the NASCAR schedule. Adding an intermediate track(s) with lots of character would go a long way.

I think Atlanta and Texas are too fast; they would be too similar to Daytona. The same goes for Michigan and California/Fontana. A slower, more interesting track like Kentucky or Phoenix would make a better addition.

I think Atlanta and Texas are too fast

They wouldn't be if PD nailed the physics, tire wear, and overall track accuracy. Their worn pavement provides extreme give up over the course of a fuel run, sometimes as much as 3 seconds a lap. On a track averaging around 30 seconds on fresh tires, that is colossal.

It gets to the point where speeds are actually slower at Atlanta than they are at Kentucky, even though the latter has less banking to lean on.

Latest Posts

Back