KERS development for low tier teams?

• Thread starter sp00n
  • 9 comments
I've just begun my first career mode in F1 2011 and decided to go for Lotus before I knew that the 3 lower tier teams (Lotus, Virgin and HRT) don't feature the KERS system.
So my question is, are they stuck with not having KERS for the following seasons, or is it possible that they'll introduce it later on (like in reality, where at least Lotus has introduced KERS for 2012)?

Currently trying to decide wheter I should stick with Lotus for the next season or if I should accept Williams' offer (might even get a shot at a McLaren if I win against Button, which is looking good so far).

The seasons change, but the cars don't, I'm afraid. You'll still get these little invisible upgrades, but KERS won't be one of them.

I know I didn't have kers when I did my season 1 with williams. but I know I had it for lotus, but not until the later races I believe (not lotus-renault)

Hm, shouldn't Williams have KERS right from the start?

AFAIK from reading the forums, only Virgin, HRT and Lotus don't have KERS.

I can imagine getting KERS later on, because the cars downforce and brakes also get upgrades if you do well.. I started with Force India and I had it from the start, although they have alot of problems keeping the KERS online during a race or qualifying..

Williams has KERS from the beginning. Lotus, HRT & Virgin don`t.

Almost at the end of my 1st season now and only once in practice did KERS go offline, came back after a few laps though.

Back