KERS & DRS, future content and features discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter FastFurious77
  • 16 comments
  • 3,613 views

FastFurious77

Premium
Messages
1,823
England
England
Couldn't decide on what to call the title so.. read on!

Ok so if GT Sport ever gets serious enough with the racing simulation. Has PD designed GT Sport in such a way that they could ever add working KERS and DRS. This would be very cool. And i don't see why not when we now have more realistic pit stops, more realistic tyre wear, fuel mapping control, torque distribution control on rally or 4WD tracks for 4WD cars.

In all respect to GT Sport being the realistic sim that it is without what I'm about to say turning the game into a Need for speed movie but misc things which fall under customization and tuning. It surely would be nice to have horns added, bodykits, wings. Also we still can not widen our wheels and tyres.

Also aswell as world famous race tracks, it would be nice to have a portion of a country or area to drive around in for casual players to hang out and drive together OR add long end to end road tracks like Project Cars has done in which we can drive along.
 
Last edited:
There's already KERS :)
The 4 most recent real life LMP1 cars have automatic KERS just like real life, and more interestingly, they deploy in the wheels they are in real life
Example: Porsche, Toyota and Audi deploy KERS at the front, whereas the Nissan deploys some of it in the rear
 
The Lexus VGT had a KERS button as well in GT6, press it for more power and it recharges on braking, don't own the car in Sport though but I'd assume it still works that way
 
Would be nice to see this feature applied to road cars as well, the LaFerrari needs it for that extra dose of brutality.
 
I could do with a 'push to pass button' would be fun in races to decide where and when to use it. I'd gladly free up the indicator buttons.
 
I could do with a 'push to pass button' would be fun in races to decide where and when to use it. I'd gladly free up the indicator buttons.
If you are on a G29 you have free buttons for that without removing the indicators. X and R3 are unassigned on mine which I've kept as standard.
 
I forget about that button in the middle of the little dial.
The Kers and DRS buttons in driveclub vr are where the indicators are in GTS and easy to press without looking, so I would bin the indicators and stick with what feels comfortable.
 
I forgot about the enter/return button too..... That's free. Plus it has a red ring around it which would represent BIG SCARY POWER BOOST rather well....

I like the indicators where they are, but I've never played drive club :)
 
Yes^^ I was trying to think oh what does X do, I'm sure I press it.

Driveclub VR is fun for playing with different cars and generally hooning around with a wheel.
 
X flashes the lights on a G29, does it not?
Oh yeah..... I have been followed by people continuously flashing their lights at me so ignore that feature as much as I can now
 
Oh yeah..... I have been followed by people continuously flashing their lights at me so ignore that feature as much as I can now

tbh I use it all the time when im up somebodys ass, anything to add a bit more pressure :lol:
 
Oh yeah..... I have been followed by people continuously flashing their lights at me so ignore that feature as much as I can now

I came to realize (I believe anyway) that a lot of the constant light flashers are DS4 users. They don't realize they are doing it.
 
I came to realize (I believe anyway) that a lot of the constant light flashers are DS4 users. They don't realize they are doing it.

agreed, before I got my G29 I used to do it all the time, I believe its L3 on DS4 which I'd press so hard when cornering I'd be flashing lights like its christmas haha
 
I've been behind a car that kept flashing its lights, I figured he was trying to make me think he was braking.
 
I came to realize (I believe anyway) that a lot of the constant light flashers are DS4 users. They don't realize they are doing it.
Just like the windscreen wiper in GT6..... I figured that it was rather random in nature after watching a replay and the person continued flashing their lights while we were side by side..... I'm immune to the flashing anyway, it's just like being within 200m of a BMW on the M1.....
 
agreed, before I got my G29 I used to do it all the time, I believe its L3 on DS4 which I'd press so hard when cornering I'd be flashing lights like its christmas haha

I did the same thing. It took me awhile to figure it out. I kept wondering why the light indicator kept flashing lol. Now, with my G29... I never flash my lights. Well, unless someone makes a dirty pass.
 
Back