kicked out of open lobby BEFORE entering room

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 10 comments
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
Every time I choose open lobby and start browsing rooms, I get kicked out. I've cleared my cache, restarted my PS3, and tried it over and over. It just kicks me out as if I had pressed the O button. I am able to go onto my club page and enter a room, and I can even do it in open lobby if I'm quick enough. And no issues once I start the process of entering a room. Sometimes it gives me 1-2 minutes and sometimes it kicks me out immediately. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue and so are some of my friends and we tried the same things you did with no luck. It's been happening for a couple of days now. We were wondering if it was a local issue but seeing you are from Canada and we are in Australia, then that counts that out. My next guess would be server related issue, but I'm definitely not a techy. I've been looking for somewhere to report it but am having no luck yet. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Edit: I've reported it here http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/Gran-Turismo-6-Online-Issue/m-p/24759611#M162683
If you could report it as well, we might have more chance of a response:tup:

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue and so are some of my friends and we tried the same things you did with no luck. It's been happening for a couple of days now. We were wondering if it was a local issue but seeing you are from Canada and we are in Australia, then that counts that out. My next guess would be server related issue, but I'm definitely not a techy. I've been looking for somewhere to report it but am having no luck yet. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Edit: I've reported it here http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/Gran-Turismo-6-Online-Issue/m-p/24759611#M162683
If you could report it as well, we might have more chance of a response:tup:
I'll do that for sure when I get home from work. I don't know if it's the same for you, but it seems to get worse the more times I try in a sitting. The first time it usually gives me a minute or two, at least that's what it seems like

I'll do that for sure when I get home from work. I don't know if it's the same for you, but it seems to get worse the more times I try in a sitting. The first time it usually gives me a minute or two, at least that's what it seems like
The report might hold more weight coming from different regions.👍

It's been completely random for me, sometimes I get booted back to the menu every time right from the start, other times I can get further but later it starts booting me back immediately. Once I get in a lobby everything seems ok but it's very frustrating trying to get there.
:cheers:

Edit: Mine seems to be working now, can you test yours when you get home please?

Last edited:
The report might hold more weight coming from different regions.👍

It's been completely random for me, sometimes I get booted back to the menu every time right from the start, other times I can get further but later it starts booting me back immediately. Once I get in a lobby everything seems ok but it's very frustrating trying to get there.
:cheers:

Edit: Mine seems to be working now, can you test yours when you get home please?
I will as soon as I get a chance

For a moment, I thought some entity was purposefully messing with my connection since the length of time of getting booted from online search varied (not consistent). Some times it takes between 5-7 seconds before I get booted. Sometimes I get tossed out before I can even click on a room.

This is especially true when I am trying to search international rooms. At times, gong back to U.S. only search allowed me to get back online and play.

The weather has been extreme across the U.S. and parts of other countries. I believe the server automatically detects ones connection and its spikes, so when ever if your connection is faulty, the server will detect and boot you out (especially during international searches).

Last night, there was a sudden winter storm that hit my region and I lost Internet connection for about 3 hours straight due to ISP issues.

P.S. I encountered such issues even when weather was fair so I am not positively sure. If it's a problem on PD's side, I hope they come up with a fix soon.

Last edited:
Back