Kinda stuck, need a little help

  • Thread starter Thread starter machinist1976
  • 13 comments
  • 1,084 views
Messages
25
United States
USA
Messages
gwwerickson
Alright, here we go...

I have been a lurker here for a year or so and have found a great deal of useful information but I have hit a wall. Here is my problem, please help.

I have been playing GT5 for about 2 years, offline, and have gotten to level 31 A-spec and 36 B-spec. I wanted to go online and check out some cars in the online store so I updated my PS3 and GT5 last night (I had not updated my PS3 since version 2.02 or GT5 ever). I then tried to sign in to the PS network and realized my email address was from a company I used to work for that I no longer have access to. The double bummer about this is I do not remember my screen name for the PS network that is tied to my GT5 game. I setup another user on the PS3 but was told by Sony that I would need to remember the screen name in order to go online with my GT5 game:confused:

Help please. I do not want to have to start over again and for the life of me, I cannot remember the ID. Is there a was to save my game to a new user or recover the ID name? Am I screwed?

Thank in advance, I really appreciate any help you can give...
 
You do not need to have access to the e-mail account.
You do not need to remember your PSN name.
You simply enter the e-mail address and your password and you're good to go.
 
Alright, here we go...

I have been a lurker here for a year or so and have found a great deal of useful information but I have hit a wall. Here is my problem, please help.

I have been playing GT5 for about 2 years, offline, and have gotten to level 31 A-spec and 36 B-spec. I wanted to go online and check out some cars in the online store so I updated my PS3 and GT5 last night (I had not updated my PS3 since version 2.02 or GT5 ever). I then tried to sign in to the PS network and realized my email address was from a company I used to work for that I no longer have access to. The double bummer about this is I do not remember my screen name for the PS network that is tied to my GT5 game. I setup another user on the PS3 but was told by Sony that I would need to remember the screen name in order to go online with my GT5 game:confused:

Help please. I do not want to have to start over again and for the life of me, I cannot remember the ID. Is there a was to save my game to a new user or recover the ID name? Am I screwed?

Thank in advance, I really appreciate any help you can give...

Unfortunately, you cannot save games from one user to another. Also unfortunately, your account is tied to your email address and that's the only place they'll send a lost or forgotten password to. Be nice if they had a backup email available for this type of situation or a secret question type of thing associated with you accounts. I fear you are crap out of luck unless someone else can figure out a solution.:ouch:
 
You do not need to have access to the e-mail account.
You do not need to remember your PSN name.
You simply enter the e-mail address and your password and you're good to go.

If this works out for you then you should also update your email address to one you do have access to because if the PSN crashes again you will need access to your email account. Hope this will make sense to you. Back when the PSN got hacked you had to go to your email account to verify it's active and to log into your PS under that account I lost a couple accounts because I didn't remember the email accounts:rolleyes: or they might have been made up accounts:ouch:.
 
Is there a way to search PSN users that have used a PS3? I would be the only one to ever have signed on with this unit..

Thanks again...
 
On hold with Sony...I think I figured it out via the Public Trophies section on the Playstation website.

Fingers crossed:)
 
How many ID's do you have on your PS3?
Under each ID you should be able to go to "Game Data" and see which one you have used for GT5 along with your progress.
If you can find this you should be able to go to that ID and go to "sign in" hopefully you save your password on your PS3 here and you should be able to get to the store front then.
Also if you can play GT5 online with the ID that has level 31 if you do buy DLC it will show up on each account on your PS3.

You might want to go to "Account Management" and review your settings I wouldn't change anything in it until you get your email reset!

If you know your email account you might try going here your email should show up when you try signing into the PS Store and guessing passwords that you think might be right(the password to sign into PS not email one) if you get signed in you should be able to change things in it. Just to let you known the PS website runs very very slow.

Link:http://us.playstation.com/

Top bar you will see sign in.
 
How did you forget your screen name? You look at it everytime you're on your PS3? Let this be a lesson folks, always use some sort of webmail (Gmail, hotmail etc.) for things like this, they're there with you for life!
 
Got it figured out and just ran my first 3 seasonal events ever! Am I racing against the computer or real people in seasonal events?
 
machinist1976
Got it figured out and just ran my first 3 seasonal events ever! Am I racing against the computer or real people in seasonal events?
Congrats for getting it figured out!

In the Seasonals, you race against computer/AI.

The GT5 Seasonal Events forum has a thread for each Time Trial, Drift Trial and Seasonal Race.

Edit:
Oh... Welcome to GTPlanet!
 
You are racing AI cars. Enjoy the cash injection though. Seasonals are great for a bit of variety ad challenge I reckon
 
You're racing against the computer, otherwise it would be either way harder or way dirtier.
But I think there are leaderboards for time trials and drift trials, eventhough these have no influence on win or loss.
 
Glad you got everything fixed. Now change your email address if you haven't yet! Also record your info somewhere.

Oh and I should have said this in an earlier post so here goes Welcome to GTPlanet.
 
Last edited:
Back