KinLM’s Hawkeye STi

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 20 comments
United States
Azle, Texas, USA
GTP_KinLM
KinLM
Hey guys. Just wanted to say that about a year and a half ago, I purchased a car that I honestly enjoy more than my mustang on many occasions.

Here’s my 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. I purchased it for $14,500 with 142,000 miles on the clock and have added 30,000 since then :D

The car was purchased COMPLETELY stock, all I’ve done to it was put a modest used exhaust on the back with a tune to match.

The more I search around the car, the more I find other small mods that seem to have been done by the previous owner. The car also had a Mishimoto radiator (which gave out, and was replaced with a stock one). The turbo heat shield is also missing... which makes me think that this car has seen some hard miles.

I use it as a “daily” (aka my reliable car since the mustang is usually broken in some way) but I definitely baby it and love it.

I’ll post some updates here and there, but overall it’s just a fun car that I’m trying to put completely back to stock versus turning it into a death machine like the mustang.

Cheers!
4EB41189-17D3-4BF4-B7D4-B4B4212E295A.jpeg
37E78D2D-3E1C-4713-8BA4-7EEFAA1C3DE8.jpeg
DF8F203C-58D7-433B-862F-533BF16E47C5.jpeg

Very nice! I'm searching for a completely stock 2004-2007 STI myself, but they are hard to find out there. I used to have an '04... wasn't stock but nearly was and I regret selling it every day. These are fun cars, enjoy.

Very nice! I'm searching for a completely stock 2004-2007 STI myself, but they are hard to find out there. I used to have an '04... wasn't stock but nearly was and I regret selling it every day. These are fun cars, enjoy.

Good luck. You're looking for an incredibly tough to find car.

Oh, I know. Hence all my regret for selling the one I already had. :lol:

Never did have the stock wheels, but otherwise mostly stock outside a turbo-back exhaust, intake, and short throw shifter.
9385659419_2d3d9988a4_b.jpg
Despite just making a thread about it, I actually have had the car for a while and wouldn’t mind selling it to you if it worked out

I’ve been hesitant to because a) many places don’t believe a 10 year old Subaru can be worth so much, b) I want it to go to an owner who won’t ‘ruin it’ in my opinion, and c) I really love it!

But as a young adult in college, I’ve come to appreciate how expensive it is to actually live on my own, and could always use the money :lol:

That said, your 04 was definitely in a better color. Wish mine was in WR Blue!

Despite just making a thread about it, I actually have had the car for a while and wouldn’t mind selling it to you if it worked out

I’ve been hesitant to because a) many places don’t believe a 10 year old Subaru can be worth so much, b) I want it to go to an owner who won’t ‘ruin it’ in my opinion, and c) I really love it!

But as a young adult in college, I’ve come to appreciate how expensive it is to actually live on my own, and could always use the money :lol:

That said, your 04 was definitely in a better color. Wish mine was in WR Blue!
It is very tempting, especially for a car outside New England, the place where cars rust to pieces. But if you really love it, hang on to it! I'll be the first to say you will regret getting rid of a stock(ish) STI. As much as I want one again and have been browsing the internet for a good one for a while, I'm in no rush.

Ill try and update this thread soon; perhaps it would be easier to merge it with my other thread, come to think of it.

Regardless, the car is still doing well. Still needs a bit of work here and there (but then again, what Subaru with 180,000 miles DOESN’T need a little love and attention)

But it still drives fantastic, and I can definitely say that after the bone-breaking ride of the mustang, the Subaru is by far and away my favorite car to drive. Getting behind the wheel each time is like meeting up with a friend you haven’t seen in a while; easy going, and always a good time.

It’s so much more stress-free. At this point, if I were to sell it, it would solely be for the purpose of saving up for one with fewer miles; though, considering how rare it is to find a stock example these days, maybe its a safer bet to just hold onto this one and bite the inevitable bullet that someday, that EJ25 will have run it’s course.

Ill try and update this thread soon; perhaps it would be easier to merge it with my other thread, come to think of it.

Regardless, the car is still doing well. Still needs a bit of work here and there (but then again, what Subaru with 180,000 miles DOESN’T need a little love and attention)

But it still drives fantastic, and I can definitely say that after the bone-breaking ride of the mustang, the Subaru is by far and away my favorite car to drive. Getting behind the wheel each time is like meeting up with a friend you haven’t seen in a while; easy going, and always a good time.

It’s so much more stress-free. At this point, if I were to sell it, it would solely be for the purpose of saving up for one with fewer miles; though, considering how rare it is to find a stock example these days, maybe its a safer bet to just hold onto this one and bite the inevitable bullet that someday, that EJ25 will have run it’s course.

The single AVCS engines are so much more reliable than the dual AVCS ones but all motors wear out.

Many. I'm amazed this one has done 180k miles without major problems, as soon as you start pushing the power beyond the stock (270bhp?) you run the risk of head gasket failure. The pistons are also chocolate and No.4 is prone to failure due to heat from the turbo placement. My '07 STI comes standard out the factory with 320bhp and the majority of owners are lucky to see beyond 60k miles before the head gasket goes, which can snowball into other issues if it isn't dealt with swiftly. If you can find a standard one that has never been flashed for more power you'll have a good car to enjoy, but don't expect the engine to last as long as Kins.

Many. I'm amazed this one has done 180k miles without major problems, as soon as you start pushing the power beyond the stock (270bhp?) you run the risk of head gasket failure. The pistons are also chocolate and No.4 is prone to failure due to heat from the turbo placement. My '07 STI comes standard out the factory with 320bhp and the majority of owners are lucky to see beyond 60k miles before the head gasket goes, which can snowball into other issues if it isn't dealt with swiftly. If you can find a standard one that has never been flashed for more power you'll have a good car to enjoy, but don't expect the engine to last as long as Kins.

I have a USDM 2.5 NA Swap (from a 1.6) one that I'm going to see this week. It's running other mods (K&N Filter, Typhoon air intake, Walbro Pump, new spark plug wires). Guessing it will do about 180 BHP.

I have a USDM 2.5 NA Swap (from a 1.6) one that I'm going to see this week. It's running other mods (K&N Filter, Typhoon air intake, Walbro Pump, new spark plug wires). Guessing it will do about 180 BHP.

K&N filter or CAI? If it's the later, stand clear.

Interesting, what should I look for then/ask to see if he did tune it?

Probably where it's been tuned is your best bet. I just can't say I could recommend buying a modifed Subaru period - especially if it's an engine swap. You have no idea what corners have been cut, the history of the engine (pre and post swap) and where anything had been done.

SVX
Probably where it's been tuned is your best bet. I just can't say I could recommend buying a modifed Subaru period - especially if it's an engine swap. You have no idea what corners have been cut, the history of the engine (pre and post swap) and where anything had been done.

I trust you with Subarus so I def. will take your opinion into consideration. I'll DM you.

Latest Posts

Back