Kitten's Fleet of BMW's

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kitten
  • 164 comments
  • 38,321 views
First fill-up since ownership!

  • deleted amber all around and went with Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights
  • fixed broken driver side c-pillar (batwing)
  • Installed my old EONON Headunit. Had it laying around after I upgraded to a AVIN AVANT 4 in wagon. Eventually I'll upgrade to AVIN unit in Vert.

There’s still a bunch of preventative maintenance to do.
  • VCG / CCV
  • OFG / VANOS Line
  • Power Steering Lines & Reservoir
  • Guibo & CSB
  • Possibly Oil-Pan Gasket? Will literally need to brake clean the entire underside to clean it up (Its pretty gross).

Other then that she’s mint!

(Secretly inside I want to put headers and borla, same as my wagon.. then I stop myself.. it’s a daily)


277724049_1634758973546029_1701030942989195069_n.jpg

277783846_1634758960212697_5821472767759399313_n.jpg


--

Driverside Batwing looked like it got mangled pretty badly. Fixed it, and now it closes properly with the top up.

IMG_8702.jpg


--

Figured out why my reverse lights weren't working... Seems like there was an attempt to repair it at some point in time with some metal butt connectors? (don't do this.. pls). I resoldered majority of the harness, and yes I did cut off those horrible metal - butt connectors! To finish off, I used some fabric tape to clean up the harness. In conclusion.. I have working reverse lights again!

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8750.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nothing really new, finally broke in the new clutch.

Still procrastinating on;
  • Valve Cover Gasket
  • Starter
  • Front Wheel Hubs / Bearings
  • Stud Conversion
  • Fuel Pump

Then dealing with the rear subframe. :rolleyes: However.. My funds have been stolen with my 323Cic which needed some love. Speaking of which I could've done my subframe and have a LSD with the amount I invested into the Vert already. Oops. So it will have to wait till like next year!

I do want to redo my CCV Breather Hose from the M56 Valve Cover, fix my cross threaded O2 Sensor on Bank 1, and do a whole checkup. Have to figure out why the Wagon get barely 17-18mpg, and the Vert is getting 23mpg. Def got some blues clues to do! (Probably my stupid aggressive tune, which I might flash my previous tune, and compare fill ups)

I did end up replacing my inner tail lights back to OEM, snagged a brand new set of inners for like 110$. Definitely like the look of these inners compared to the aftermarket ones.



278161216_348034013964728_4965818675542994891_n.jpg


278111462_514504616832561_8202837644296283800_n.jpg

​
278164074_368782718501784_8677417711152947375_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
Whats new?

Wagon:
  • Stud Conversion
  • Replaced both front hubs
  • Replaced VCG
  • Custom Exhaust (Single 3" Vibrant Resonator and Muffler w/ DTM Tips)

296864024_1725643741124218_1413094808723095889_n.jpg

284073146_1677750505913542_5482117786569450766_n.jpg

1662490305937.png



Vert:
  • Apex EC7's are going on Vert, and a new set of wheels are gonna go on wagon.
  • Full Suspension Refresh (Identical to Wagon)
  • KONI Yellows w/ Eibach Springs
  • Rogue Engineering E30/E36/E46 Rear Shock Mount - Link (Highly... Highly recommend these makes removing of struts 10x easier)
  • Lemforder ZHP Control Arms (Standard Control Arms use a ball joint with plastic or rubber liner, compared to ZHP which use all metal ball joins which have less slop and last much longer)
  • Z4M FCABs (These add positive caster which increase high speed stability, they are solid rubber too)
  • Tie Rods + Endlinks
  • E46 M3 RTABS (Was going to do w/ limiters, but honestly sort of forgot to order them. oh well)
In my humble opinion this is a perfect OEM+ setup, It's a super comfy ride, and the adjustable dampening is a big plus! Very nimble on backroads. Lowers it a tasteful amount too.

Note: I will replace the original 5mm spring pad in the rear w/ XI 15mm spring pads. It'll bring the rear up a bit and give it a slight rake which is perfect. Its what im running on my Touring, and it gives a perfect ride height.

I also did retrofit Morimoto Bi-Xenon's w/ AEG's. (I can actually see something at night.)

I think last part is gearbox refresh w/ guibo and CSB and call it a day..



1662490426548.png


1662490648288.png
 
Unfortunately, last night I hit a deer coming back from uni. The importance is im okay, and unharmed.

Selena however? Surprisingly took the hit quite well, and it could’ve been worse.

So far the damage I can see;

  • Passenger Headlight
  • Turn Signal
  • Hood
  • Passenger Fender (got pushed in a few mm)

Surprisingly the junkyard bumper held up very well, and has zero damage.

Seems like the apron / frame rail is fine? however I won’t get the full picture until the car is torn apart.


1665015446621.png

1665015461992.png


 
Last edited:
Since my wagon is out of commission until i find a new hood, passenger headlight and corner light.
I decided I'd be a great opportunity to lowkey steal a few parts from my wagon and put them on my 323Cic.
Apex EC7 ET35 (18x8.5) on Michelin 245/35R18
also stole the XI Spring Pads (15mm vs 5mm), vert was sitting a bit too low in the rear after I put the wheels on. So the 10mm helped raise the rear a bit.


310943218_1778414069180518_3487738464728672069_n.jpg
 
Truthfully, I haven't really driven much the Vert since I bought it in April. I mostly drove it when it rained, and occasionally on nice days to enjoy having the top down.

I honestly really struggled to enjoy driving it, It felt super bland. I think a big part of it was, I kept comparing it to my 323iT. Which to be fair, driving a bone stock 323Ci with blown struts, and worn bushings and 7 year old Sumitomo A/S tires is not going to be a "fun" driving experience, when you compare it to my mostly fully sorted E46 Touring. It's definitely not quick either considering its 3500Ibs, and you can feel the weight difference in acceleration compared to my Touring (3300Ibs). You can definitely feel that extra 200Ibs.

How did I solve this? (Quick Recap)
Complete Suspension Refresh - (Koni Yellows w/ Eibach Springs, ZHP Control Arms, Z4M FCABS, M3 RTABs, End Links, Tie-Rods)
Bolt Ons - Borla Cat Back, Injen CAI

In the middle of July (2022), I did the (Koni Yellows w/ Eibach Springs, ZHP Control Arms, Z4M FCABS, and the End-Links). Middle of August I did the (RTABs, and Tie Rods). Few days later, I went to Bavarian Specialities to get an alignment done.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to drive it that much after the alignment because few days later... I went back to University in Upstate, NY to finish my last semester. However, in the time I did drive it before the alignment and doing the (tie rods, rtabs) it was a significant upgrade, and it felt a lot more nimble and a better driving experience to a certain extent. The Style 45's on 225/50R16(7 year old Sumitomo A/S) is what limited this setup.


--

Fast Forward to a week ago, with my wagon being out of service until I fix it. It forced me to drive the vert, with that said I stole the wheels from my wagon, and the rear spring pads. (The rear was sitting a bit too low for my liking) so the XI Spring pads (15mm) helped raise the rear a smidge.

The tires are Michelin AS4 245/35R18 on a 18x8.5 ET35 wheel

Friday I left for Upstate, NY (360 Miles), and honestly the vert did fantastic! It was super smooth and zero vibrations. Soon as I took Exit 30 (Keene, NY) is where I smiled for the first time driving the vert. Driving on these windy mountain roads was an incredible feeling. The car felt planted, solid and predictable. Absolutely zero dead zone in the steering wheel, whichever way you pointed the car it went with zero delay. Im slowly opening up to the vert chassis, and starting to lowkey love it.

Personally, I think:
  • KONI Yellows, EIBACH Springs
  • ZHP Control Arms paired w/ Z4M FCABS
  • M3 RTABs

This is probably the best OEM+ Setup for a E46 Non-M.

Once I do a gearbox refresh with a factory short shifter, I am sure it will feel even better. I am considering possibly doing headers as-well to pair with the Borla Catback. It sounded incredible on my wagon, and with top down? Im sure it would be an intoxicating combo.

The biggest annoyance currently is the Comfort Seats.. I need to source Sport Seats. I forgot how horrible comfort seats are on a long drive, my lower back is rough.

311814915_1784583561896902_5821929599468733012_n.jpeg
 
Is the Hella logo etched into a projector lense, or what is that? It's a cool detail. On the whole, though, I love your wagon.
 
Is the Hella logo etched into a projector lense, or what is that? It's a cool detail. On the whole, though, I love your wagon.
Its a transparent cover with vinyl of "hella".

Much appreciated! :D
 
Your cars look great Kitten! Really love the new wheels on the wagon!
 
Last post July 11, 2023.. woah! been some time.

News?

Sold the convertible 2 years ago, I do miss it.

Ended up swapping a cinnamon interior, and same wheels as my wagon (and ZF swap, cause getrag poopy).

1791349878500.webp


Wagon news?

I still have it, currently at my friends shop with a laundry list of things.

List:
MS42 -> MS43
N54 Intake w/ N62 Throttle Body (Replacing both coolant hardlines - they are original)
-> Deleting DISA, and ICV (will keep the build simple and less issues).

6-1 Headers into a merge collector (quite keen on hearing the sound difference)
V2 Legacy Supercharger Kit from hydemotorwork (Running a Type 1 SC14 w/ 80mm Pulley)
-> Will run an intercooler as-well to keep IAT's down.
Subframe Reinforcement (Bimmerworld Expanded Kit) w/ Bimmerworld Solid Rear Bushings
-> Replacing all the hardware as-well (lil crusty from Upstate NY), and I have a painted subframe to put in.
Replacing the diff bushings w/ factory OEM
Rear Camber Arms, and new bushings for RCA.
Replace both rear brake lines (they are crusty), and replacing original hardlines with Stoptech stainless lines.


1791350116313.webp

1791349972529.webp

1791350031438.webp

1791350046777.webp


More progress eventually, but been rather slow. Told my friend get to it when he can, other customers have priority.

Will be a pretty awesome build and looking forward to it.


--

New additions to the fleet:

1. 2009 Mini Cooper S R56 (Bought this in January 2024 from my dad). -> Bought it for 4k
-> Was about 92k, and now its sitting at 117k miles, was pretty much bone stock minus a K&N Intake.
Current Mods:
  • JCW Turbo & Exhaust + Catless DP (Stage 3 Tune)
  • Charge Pipes & AEM Intake
  • ST XA Coilovers
  • JCW R112 Wheels
  • GP Replica Wing
  • JCW Steering Wheel, Android Head Unit
  • Vland Headlights & Tail Lights

Been quite reliable, minus this year where it decided to poop a drive belt, both rear calipers seized and leaky valve cover (i suspect the belt got oil on it from the valve cover leak making it go kaboom).


2. 2011 BMW X5 50i E70 (Bought it in July of 2026 from my friend)

Bought it at 109k, and sitting at 113k now.

Mostly stock, kinda dumped more money into it that I originally anticipated.. I have issue.
  • Mr12Volt MMI CaPlay
  • Style 241 (Refinished) + New DWS06 Tires -> Recently put the wide flares
  • Alibaba Headlights (Rep of the last year LED Headlights from the X5M/X6M E70/E71)
  • Black Kidney Grills
  • Replaced all the the lower/upper compartment trims (all dry rotted)
  • Replaced a bunch of faded buttons
  • New HVAC Blower, exploded the next day in my ownership
  • All LED bulbs in the tail lights
  • Retrofitted Rear Fog Lights (Easy retrofit).


Cool things -> It has brown interior, new long block 30k miles ago and has a factory dvd player (does not work.. dvd player went poof).

How it sits:

1791350438724.webp


When I bought it;
1791351022414.webp

1791351040710.webp


1791350455319.webp
 
Last edited:
Back