Knight Rider question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCE
  • 2 comments
  • 1,417 views

JCE

Messages
6,769
Germany
Little Elm, TX
Messages
JCE3000GT
I can't seem to find any information regarding something that's been bothering me since I saw the show as a kid. Did they dub the turbine noise over the car's engine noise or did they put some sort of blower/turbo/supercharger in it since it has that buldge in the bonnet?

I'm rewatching the show and was just curious if anyone knows.
 
I have no idea but if they can dub in The General Lee peeling out on gravel so it sounds like blacktop, they can dub in a turbo.
 
After rewatching a few episodes I've come to the conclusion that it is a dubbed noise. Unless they use one of the many cars as the "turbine" sounding car. There are alot of scenes where they don't have this noise and you can actually hear the engine/exhaust.

I've also spotted four distinctly different "KITT's" so far halfway through the first season. They really didn't care about the fact that you could easily tell the differences. And infact the show so far has had alot of goofs, in the Sammy Stunt Show Spectacular ep in a scene right after Knight does his routine you can see a CIRCULAR steering wheel. :lol:
 
Back