Know what would be cool?

• Thread starter billskee
  • 19 comments
I wish there were a hollywood car lot where one could buy cars that had been used in movies or TV. I think it would be cool to drive the firebird from knight rider, or the General Lee.
What do you think. Maybe we could flood Ployphony with E-mails and they might check into it for future versions.

What other cars might make the list?

I was thinking of having NOS in gt. It would be cool to speed the car and smoke the computers cars, or at least eat smoke from computers cars cause you don't have the money to put NOS in your car.

What would be cool would be the ability to download/transfer whatever car you want from your home garage on the original Gran Turismo. :cool:

The ability to design your own tracks and speedways would be sweet. If you could build your own car as well. Like the Castrol Supra GT body, put the Speed 12 engine in it and so on.

Originally posted by eddy_2790
The ability to design your own tracks and speedways would be sweet. If you could build your own car as well. Like the Castrol Supra GT body, put the Speed 12 engine in it and so on.
Get a Gameshark, some of the above-mentioned things are possible. Building your own track would really be neat. There was an F1 game that hit the shelves about 12 years ago that let you build your own circuit. See what people are doing with Grand Prix Legends, for example.

nos is a bad idea, nos is for fags...sorry just my opinion..
Sounds like a mis-informed opinion to me. Did your imaginary little Viper get beat by (any car here) with nitrous oxide? Do you even know what nitrous oxide is, or have a clue how it works?

Oh, and there are codes for "Nitrous", but I never bothered with them. Go build a hybrid instead.

well...herm...NOS would be good...but i think turbo is enough...it seems to be more realistic...i mean...nos is better for a sprint or drag race...not a street race... :) just my opinion only...sorry for my 'unknowledgeable-mind' :) ...newbie

Downloadable cars and updates have already been mentioned by Kazunori Yamauchi, and they will be in Gran Turismo Network (a.k.a. GT4).

Originally posted by billskee
I wish there were a hollywood car lot where one could buy cars that had been used in movies or TV. I think it would be cool to drive the firebird from knight rider, or the General Lee.
What do you think. Maybe we could flood Ployphony with E-mails and they might check into it for future versions.

No offence, but that would suck. It wouldn't exactly make the game very realistic if you could start driving the Knight Rider car about. Whats next the Batmobile??

Originally posted by Brian P

Whats next the Batmobile??

:D

Ok, I take back everything I said before about GT4 getting back to it's roots - I want the Batmobile!

The original - not some goofy Val Kilmer batmobile

:)

Jordan - ya, I heard about that... that is fantastic - Was it NFS 4 that had that?
NFS 4 had downloadable cars? I wasn't aware of that. :confused:

Yah NFS4 do feature download car.

But what about GT. I think GT must provide a new feature like "Load a car" from memory card. This way, ppl can download car to memory card using Dexdrive etc and then load it and play it on GT. What do you think ?

Pojam.

Originally posted by billskee

hehehe the BMW Z3 Roadster from the James Bond movies

Originally posted by Jordan
NFS 4 had downloadable cars? I wasn't aware of that. :confused:

The PC Version of one of 'em. I've got it kickin' around here somewhere. And yes... "Joe Anyone" (with the right skills) could throw together a car for NFS. They were all posted to the NFS website.

Originally posted by VIRacer
But what about GT. I think GT must provide a new feature like "Load a car" from memory card.
Pojam.

Yup - thats in the works for GT4. 'cept, (from what I've read) it will be downloaded to the hard drive. But, HD/memory card... either way. They plan on it being there. (I gather)

Originally posted by ethanol
NOS would be cool, if (and only if) there was a GT4 drag game put out.

If you've got any theories about Drag racing in GT4, check out this thread: http://forums.gtplanet.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7049

NOS doesn't belong in "GT" (Grand Touring). It's more of a riceboy thing - which is what Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero targeted. I would be very disapointed if they put drag racing and NOS in the GranTurismo series.

We've already discussed the direction Sony should be going with GT. Drag racing and rally don't really fit the build. Though they could branch of and have dedicated games for those styles of racing.

~LoudMusic

Back