Know your engines!

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedTransAm
  • 27 comments
  • 1,401 views
Wow, I did poor. Quite a fun game though. And I learned a lot about early V8 engines! Nice post!
 
Heh 9 of 17. Some educated guessing and some wild guesses :D

Still, I'd picked up enough from cocking up some early questions to know a bit more for the later ones.
 
Scored an 8 out of 17. The Chrysler engines were pretty easy to spot and figure out, but the variations in the GM designs did not help. My usual standby of block color and valve cover shapes didn't always work out like I thought it would.
 
12 out of 17, tough I expected higher, due to me reading a lot about many of these engines in several mags... some highlights as recognizing W chevy engines because of the dipstick, some stupidity like blowing away a 289 Ford for something else -_- but fun game tough!!!
 
I guessed on every single one and got 6/17. lol
 
Surprisingly, I got 10 out of 17. The only way I could guess was by colors and what I've seen in certain types of cars. I didn't know any of the special differences that they noted when you answered the questions.
 
I got 3; although twice I accidentally clicked on the wrong one, still, only 5 out of 17? I should start studying more...
 
8/17... Damn, some of Fords were pretty easy to spot but I don't know much about the others.
 
5/17, but it might as well have been 0/17 because there wasn't actually a single one I knew. This is more "know your classic Detroit V8s" than "know your engines."

If it was "know your European and Japanese engines from the '70s-'90s," I would have done better. :)
 
I got 16 out of 17 , I missed #6

pretty cool quiz , thanks RedTransAm 👍
 
5/17

Ouch :nervous:
 
7/17

A lot of it was just guessing.
 
Know you Detroit engines should be the title.

I don't know a single one of these, but Japanese engines I am way better off with, especially Toyota and Honda.
 
I got 7 right, and only one of them I truly knew. And I only knew it because we have two of them at our house.
 
I did about half of it and stopped because I got all of them wrong. I don't know very much at all about old American cars let alone their engines.
 
I don't know a single one of these, but Japanese engines I am way better off with, especially Toyota and Honda.

Convenient when the plastic shrouds give it away eh?

(lol)
 
I got 16 out of 17 , I missed #6

pretty cool quiz , thanks RedTransAm 👍



hahah I knew you'd have a good note, you have a very good eye for V8 details that distinguish them
 
Know you Detroit engines should be the title.

I don't know a single one of these, but Japanese engines I am way better off with, especially Toyota and Honda.


Now if we were to do this one , with Japanese engines , you guys would severely kick my 🤬 , not gonna lie , you got me here
 
Now if we were to do this one , with Japanese engines , you guys would severely kick my 🤬 , not gonna lie , you got me here



same, if I dont read who does those things, I cannot recognize a thing save for a rotary and a RB26DETT
 
12/17 - Missed a couple mopars, and mistook a 429 for an early Hemi.
 
same, if I dont read who does those things, I cannot recognize a thing save for a rotary and a RB26DETT


:lol:👍
 
I sucked at it, the ones I got right I knew. I thought I identified Ponatic/Chevy when it was the other way around. :(
 
5/17 :d
 
Ah only 7/17 thanks to the Hemis and 429 Ford sparkplug locations, what about some other motors like 308s, 253s and some six-packs XU-1s and E39s
 
Back