• 15 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
JDMw4Ba.png
Koenigsegg CC Prototype '94
JDMw4Ba.png

p16_koensegg_09.jpg

In 1994 Christian von Koenigsegg and his team took inspiration from the Ferrari F40 and McLaren F1 to create a minimalistic, pure, no nonsense Supercar with a Swedish twist to it. Christian understood that if features, design and performance did not only match but in many ways exceeded the existing Supercars, no one would look twice at a startup car company from Sweden. Apart from having a great chassis with great handling from the get go, the CC featured the unique Koenigsegg detachable and storable roof, that was fully integrated in the coupe shape. This was truly unique among supercars at this time. Remember this was before the F50 and the Carrera GT and neither of these cars did a very good job at making the car look like a perfect coupe with the roof on like the CC, and the F50 could not even store the roof in the car.

The CC chassis floor pan was already sandwiched Carbon at this time and so was the whole body. Apart from this extensive space frame technology with chromolybdenium tubes were used to create the rest of the chassis, in combination with a steel monocoque design, that later gave inspiration to the full carbon monocoque chassis that went into production.

The CC was also the first Koenigsegg to feature the unique dihedral door actuation mechanism that proved both practical and truly unique. A mechanism that has defined the brand and set it apart from everyone else. The scaling up of the shape of the first CC prototype from design model to real car, was done completely by hand, by Christian and his team and in a hurry – hence the car looked a bit rough around the edges and the proportions was a bit off. But the CC served its purpose as a testing mule, getting attention and showing the promise of the startup company as, the CC was great to drive.

The engine was a standard Audi 4.2 V8 with and Audi transaxle connected to it. This engine was chosen as a Christian thought it could be a good base for a more tuned version going towards production. However Koenigsegg never managed to strike a supply deal with Audi so Koenigsegg had to look for other solutions going towards production. The next choice was then a Motori Moderni 1235 flat-12 F1 engine suited for road use.

Text by Koenigsegg slightly modified by myself

Specs:
Koenigsegg CC Prototype specs.png

Motori Moderni 1235 flat-12 F1

p16_koensegg_03.jpg

p16_koensegg_07.jpg

Last edited:
The best looking car Koenigsegg ever produced. They've gotten slowly and steadily uglier and now look at the One:1, an absolute mess.

The Regera is horrid as well.

One of the prototypes didn't have the Audi V8 but one of the Motori Moderni 1235 flat-12 F1 engines from the Coloni/Subaru team. Similar to one of the Jiotto Caspita prototypes.

The more 90's supercars we get in the better, especially the obscure earlier ones.

The best looking car Koenigsegg ever produced. They've gotten slowly and steadily uglier and now look at the One:1, an absolute mess.

The Regera is horrid as well.

One of the prototypes didn't have the Audi V8 but one of the Motori Moderni 1235 flat-12 F1 engines from the Coloni/Subaru team. Similar to one of the Jiotto Caspita prototypes.

The more 90's supercars we get in the better, especially the obscure earlier ones.
Thanks to your post I was able to find a little more information on the car, and to get a more complete specs table. 👍

.....So am I to assume the numbers on the spec sheet refers to this flat 12 motor, @Tsukishima?

'Cuz, you know, Audi motor was 4.2, see. And the capacity on the specs say 3.8....:odd:

The next choice was then a Motori Moderni 1235 flat-12 F1 engine suited for road use.​

TIL that Koenigsegg almost produced a car powered by that cancerous lump of an engine that was the Motori Moderni 1235. Thank you based Ford for producing the Modular V8 4-valve engine that eventually found its way in the production CC8S.

I don't know why but adding this prototype in future GT games would remind me of PD adding Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 and Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89 to their games.

I would like to have both this and some modern Koenigseg to the game. I don't know why Koenigsegg still isn't in Gran Turismo since DriverClub already have some of their cars in the game. We can see why PD (or most other racing games developers) didn't add Porsche but there's no reasons why super car makers like Koenigsegg is still not in the game.

Back