Koenigsegg One:1 : Has Evo made a gulf in the Hyper class?

• Thread starter 2clicks
  • 19 comments
South Africa
Cape Town
Twoclicks_ZA
Recently, I noticed that the Hyper cars have the largest performance diversity between them, statistically at least. I always thought to myself: "How can the Rimac Concept One, which accelerates as fast as electricity, but only be capped at a top speed of 311km/h, be in the same class as the 400km/h+ Koenigsegg One:1?"

The One:1 is the worst offender; I conducted a bit of an experiment, where I drove the Hyper car with the poorest performance on paper, the RUF CTR3 Clubsport, around Black Hills 1, one of the fastest tracks in the game. I really like this car, but to see it get blown away by the One:1 in the manner that it did, winning a three lap race by almost eight seconds, is truly bemusing. By the end of the first lap, as I rounded the last bend, I could already see it approaching the bridge near the end of the straight. It registered a total time of 3:33.923 while me, in second, starting from last, finished with a time of 3:41.756. I'm by no means the best driver, but if I had chosen the One:1, I would've won by roughly the same margin. The Rimac Concept One wielded worse results, as I finished 4th, being outstripped by the Koenigsegg Agera and Venom GT on the home stretch due to my inferior top speed.

Have Evo created a gulf here? By introducing a game-breaking car in this class, are those of us who like a particular Hyper car are now frustrated that it is outstripped by the sheer dominance of the One:1, and some others? Sort of similar to the Bugatti Veyron/Class S dilemma of Forza 3, where the only way you could avoid it was hope that one of the AI drivers don't choose it, or choose it yourself, this performance diversity could frustrate those who want to be competitive in their favourite Hyper car, but have to deal with getting blitzed on the home stretch by a car with a superior power-to-weight ratio. I feel that this was the car that should've been restricted to Multiplayer events only.

Recently, I noticed that the Hyper cars have the largest performance diversity between them, statistically at least. I always thought to myself: "How can the Rimac Concept One, which accelerates as fast as electricity, but only be capped at a top speed of 311km/h, be in the same class as the 400km/h+ Koenigsegg One:1?"

The One:1 is the worst offender; I conducted a bit of an experiment, where I drove the Hyper car with the poorest performance on paper, the RUF CTR3 Clubsport, around Black Hills 1, one of the fastest tracks in the game. I really like this car, but to see it get blown away by the One:1 in the manner that it did, winning a three lap race by almost eight seconds, is truly bemusing. By the end of the first lap, as I rounded the last bend, I could already see it approaching the bridge near the end of the straight. It registered a total time of 3:33.923 while me, in second, starting from last, finished with a time of 3:41.756. I'm by no means the best driver, but if I had chosen the One:1, I would've won by roughly the same margin. The Rimac Concept One wielded worse results, as I finished 4th, being outstripped by the Koenigsegg Agera and Venom GT on the home stretch due to my inferior top speed.

Have Evo created a gulf here? By introducing a game-breaking car in this class, are those of us who like a particular Hyper car are now frustrated that it is outstripped by the sheer dominance of the One:1, and some others? Sort of similar to the Bugatti Veyron/Class S dilemma of Forza 3, where the only way you could avoid it was hope that one of the AI drivers don't choose it, or choose it yourself, this performance diversity could frustrate those who want to be competitive in their favourite Hyper car, but have to deal with getting blitzed on the home stretch by a car with a superior power-to-weight ratio. I feel that this was the car that should've been restricted to Multiplayer events only.
There is a gulf, but before the one it was virtually the same with the hennessey venom dominating. I think they introduced the one to make all the world records fresh again, as the venom dominated previously. Funnily enough I think had they not introduced the one, there are cars that have come since that would have made things much more competitive for the venom, particularly the la ferrari. I suspect we will get a competitor for the one in either June or July's dlc packs!!

Good observations and points both. I however tend to run the car I'm happiest with, or is my current favourite as it's always rewarding to trash some of the hyper-kiddies in a car that is technically outclassed.

Yes, their biggest weakness will always be handling. On the more technical tracks, I can hold my own, but it's always a different story when you have to rely solely on speed.

This was already discussed in the main Driveclub thread. And I'll repeat here, what I said there.

Just because they are in the same class, they don't necessarily have to be equal in performance. This was never the case. The only way to make all the cars equal in any given class, is to make them all drive the same, which would be boring.

The One:1 is one ( :sly: ) of the reasons I give absolutely no time to the Hyper class vehicles.

Just because they are in the same class, they don't necessarily have to be equal in performance. This was never the case. The only way to make all the cars equal in any given class, is to make them all drive the same, which would be boring.
I never said they had to be equal. I just said that Evo have to watch themselves when it comes to adding a car to the game that will become the fastest car in the game, because it would alienate and frustrate those who have already put significant time into the Hyper class with the vanilla version of the game.

I feel like they almost need a class with some of the supers and some of the hypers. The Enzo would fit right in between both those categories in my opinion. Thinking this... I think they need to include more cross-class races! They had one with an F50 against an Enzo I'm sure.. that was fun!As you say the One:1 is overpowered and it would be fun trying to overtake some hot hatches that have a significant head start!

I think as long as Evolution are careful where they slot the One into events it's ok.There was a wet event at Kobago a little while back and the LeFerrari was holding it's own on a slippery track with few straights.Maybe they should have a delayed start for the One on tracks that favour it,it would give the faster players something to chase rather than spending 3 or 4 lonely laps timetrialling to victory.

I think as long as Evolution are careful where they slot the One into events it's ok.There was a wet event at Kobago a little while back and the LeFerrari was holding it's own on a slippery track with few straights.Maybe they should have a delayed start for the One on tracks that favour it,it would give the faster players something to chase rather than spending 3 or 4 lonely laps timetrialling to victory.
Placing it at the back of the grid might also help, then it would get stuck in traffic when the race starts.

So is the One:1 pretty much the best hyper car in the world currently? By that, I mean is it faster than the Veyron SS on a 1/4 drag?

Last edited:
So is the One:1 pretty much the best hyper car in the world currently? By that, I mean is it faster than the Veyron SS on a 1/4 drag?

Looking at how it launches, I'm not surprised it would beat the Veyron and the Venom GT. Although, since the Veyron is not in DC, there's no virtual way of knowing for sure.

Looking at how it launches, I'm not surprised it would beat the Veyron and the Venom GT. Although, since the Veyron is not in DC, there's no virtual way of knowing for sure.

Yeah but the Veyron does 0-60 in 2.2 whereas the One does it in sub 2.8 so not sure it would win in a 1/4 drag race.

Yeah but the Veyron does 0-60 in 2.2 whereas the One does it in sub 2.8 so not sure it would win in a 1/4 drag race.
Well the Veyron would have a huge advantage in a 1/4 drag race due to its 4WD system, although over a 1 mile race (where any drivetrain advantages would be cancelled out), I'm sure the One:1 would win due to its power:weight ratio. :lol:

Well the Veyron would have a huge advantage in a 1/4 drag race due to its 4WD system, although over a 1 mile race (where any drivetrain advantages would be cancelled out), I'm sure the One:1 would win due to its power:weight ratio. :lol:
To be fair, the Veyron would lose to basically anything outside a drag strip.

Did some races with the Sesto Elemento vs the One:1. Damn this was so hard but also fun. Here a video of the start:

The One:1 is truly a beast of a car. If you can handle it.

Well with the announcement of the latest DLC pack, could the FXX K be a contender to the One:1? I know it still probably won't be as quick in a straight line, but it should have far superior grip, as it is technically a race car. It has over 1,000 BHP and weighs hardly anything (90kg less than the LaFerrari).

Last edited:
It's funny, this sort of thing used to bother me but really doesn't anymore. While I fully appreciate that Driveclub is not realistic at all, balancing for the purposes of multiplayer isn't realistic either. Cars should be different; some should be good, others should be bad. If I want to win, I'll choose the One:1. If I want to have fun, I'll settle for the middle or back of the grid driving a car I actually like.

Back