Kt Racing will develop MXGP games from 2024 to 2028.

• Thread starter er185es
  • 5 comments
Spain
Spain
MONACO (Principality of Monaco) 25 July 2023 – Infront Moto Racing is pleased to announce the brand new partnership with NACON for the licence of the FIM Motocross World Championship (MXGP) which will start on 1 January 2024. This will cover the development and publishing of official MXGP games and gives NACON exclusivity over five seasons, from 2024 to 2028 inclusive.

NACON and its KT Racing studio are already working on the development of an MXGP game that will offer all two-wheel fans 100% official content. Players will be able to live the thrills and spills of the most iconic motocross championship in the world by having access to content that is as close to reality as possible: calendar, riders, teams, bikes and sponsors will be available in the game.

Infront Moto Racing CEO David Luongo: “Infront Moto Racing is delighted to start this new collaboration with Nacon for the development of the MXGP video game. The digital world is very important for us as promotor, and covering 360° of the needs of our fans as well. The video game will give the possibility to everybody to engage on the official tracks of the FIM Motocross World Championship with the official riders and compete to becoming a World Champion. We cannot wait to see the first input and result of the development of the new game and I am sure that the realism will be breathtaking. I would like to thank Nacon to partner with us and to give the most popular Off Road Championship in the World such a great platform of gaming”

“We are very excited to be able to offer fans the official game of this popular international competition in the near future. We have of course entrusted this new project to the KT Racing teams who have already proven themselves in motorcycle games. They will undoubtedly be able to transcribe into a video game all the complexity of this spectacular discipline which combines reflexes, speed and anticipation”
explains Alain Falc, CEO of NACON.

Glad to hear someone's picking up the torch and running with it. I enjoyed the Milestone ones for the most part, although some were better than others to be sure. Can't wait to see how these guys do it. Also leads me to randomly speculate in my head what Milestone might be up to...

Hmm. I thought the last two or three Milestone games were actually really good, but somehow there’s something that always takes me back to MX vs ATV Legends instead, I just find it more entertaining. So if KT can do a good job with this great, but I’m not sure the licence really adds much unless you’re a real die hard fan of the real sport.

I did hear some speculation about Milestone's involvement in MXGP series from youtubers but I wasn't aware they're completely out of it now.

Kind of a deja vu considering KT got WRC license from Milestone also.

I just think this is such a niche licence and I’d imagine that if you’re a big MXGP fan, the Milestone games already probably feel like they’re sent to you direct from heaven. I’m just not that big an MXGP (or Supercross) guy. KT did quite well with the WRC licence, I guess. The games didn’t massively grab me after WRC7 which I poured hours into, but they were objectively good and got better. If they’d not made the bizarre decision not to let you do custom rallies I’d have liked them a hell of a lot more, but anyway I digress.

My concern is that I think KT shone with WRC on the track design element much more than the physics, whereas in MXGP the tracks are already set in stone so it’s just getting the bike physics right. And, erm, the TT games did sort of suck on that score didn’t they. The second one was better but still not great.

Back