La Ferrari TCS problem.

• Thread starter PrinceAsh7
  • 29 comments
Canada
Canada
PrinceAsh
Hello everyone,
Recently got a La Ferrari in my Daily Prize.
Took it out for a spin and to my surprise, the car handles like a horse with roller skates on.
I'm constantly having to counter steer control to keep it pointed straight(on straights or out of turns and sometimes before turns).
I get excessive Wheel spin from 50 - 80 and again from 100 - 120.
The steering is extremely sensitive, and regardless of TCS level, 0 - 5. it still feels twitchy and lacks traction.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and can give their input or some constructive tips/advice.

PS: I've changed tyres and tried different tracks.

This problem will probably be adressed with todays update (1.06) See underlined sentances.
The Aston Martin Vulcan has the same issues and probably some other cars too.

GT Sport v1.06 Official Changelog
  • New Cars
    • The following 3 cars have been added.
      • IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
      • Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest)(Gr.1)
      • Shelby Cobra 427 (N500)
  • Physics Simulation Model
    • A part of the physics simulation model was improved, especially improving controllability of stock commercial models which exhibit less grip on the road.
    • Control management of the ‘standard’ ABS settings was improved, raising drivability under braking conditions.
    • Control management of rear wheel drive cars with TCS settings set higher than ‘2’ was improved, raising stability at corner exits.

Funny you mention the AM One-77, have the same issue. i'll check later today if this issue has been fixed with the patch.
Thank you!

Any high HP RWD car in the game is a pain to drive.

Have not tried it with the new update yet.
New update kinda fixed it, its still an unruly thing when driving on TCS 2-3. if you turn it off now completely, it still behaves the same like before the patch. however, the Aston Martin One-77 feels better.

So, after dedicated testing. I'm still having problems with the La Ferrari.

Firstly, after the update. the car has HORRIBLE under steer at low speeds.

at high speeds, air-break + disc breaks do almost nothing...
Breaking at around 122mph takes way longer than in a more conventional rear wheel drive car.
acceleration coming out of a turn at around 60ish. causes the car to perform a weak kick that turns into under steer pointing in the centre of the road.

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.

Tracks i've been testing on:
  • Alsace – Village
  • Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
  • Tokyo Expressway – East Inner Loop

Yep, i'm still having this issue. can't seem to make it work somewhat normally.
Are you doing the tests on them tracks you have mention in you post, is it stock or a tune on the car ?.
Are you using a DS4 or a wheel ?

Are you doing the tests on them tracks you have mention in you post, is it stock or a tune on the car ?.
Are you using a DS4 or a wheel ?
I'm testing the car on the tracks i've mentioned, but also started on the Nurb.

the Car is bone stock, but im trying to do adjustments to make it more drivable.

i'm using a DS4, I dont have the room for a wheel atm. :(

I'm testing the car on the tracks i've mentioned, but also started on the Nurb.

the Car is bone stock, but im trying to do adjustments to make it more drivable.

i'm using a DS4, I dont have the room for a wheel atm. :(
Tomorrow I will give it a go with my wheel and see what is all the fuss about with this car, and I will try a setup for this car.

Tomorrow I will give it a go with my wheel and see what is all the fuss about with this car, and I will try a setup for this car.
Normally I drive cars with TCS set to 0, or at most 1 or 2. but this car, I have no choice but to play with the TCS actively while driving. (ex: have it set to 0 or 1 on straights, when I approach a breaking point before a turn, switch it quickly to 3-4, exit the turn, then switch back to 0 or 1 after wheels have enough grip from accelerating.)

Normally I drive cars with TCS set to 0, or at most 1 or 2. but this car, I have no choice but to play with the TCS actively while driving. (ex: have it set to 0 or 1 on straights, when I approach a breaking point before a turn, switch it quickly to 3-4, exit the turn, then switch back to 0 or 1 after wheels have enough grip from accelerating.)
That's what I do with TCS somtimes :cheers:, but I mainly have it set on 0. I will let you know tomorrow on how I will go with the car.

Last edited:
please do! :cheers:
I tested the beast at Alsace – Village track a lap time of 2:04.457, I don't know if it means anything. Everything stock on the car and set TCS 0 and Brake Balance 0 and I put Racing Soft Tyres, it handles not to bad but you still need to a little bit of throttle control on these tyres. That time I did it could have been be a little faster to get to know the car but it is a bad beast on Racing Hard Tyres or less.

Edit: Racing Soft Tyres lap time 1:57.815
Racing Hard Tyres lap time 1:59.915
On sports hard tyres this is a beast to control. You have to have a good throttle control on this car and which sometimes I don't, but the more I practise driving this car using my wheel and the car stock apart from the tyres, I am getting a better control of the car :).

Try this suspension below on the car, I found it quite good using my wheel and I can control the car a lot better in the corners now. everything else is still stock on the car.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-12-05 16-35-25.png

Last edited:
Will definitely try this when i get home tonight. thanks for the tune. will give feedback when i can :)
No problem, with this suspension on the car it is a lot better to handle now, racing hard, racing medium and racing soft tyres suit this car. once again it may or may not suit you because I use a wheel and my driving style may be different.

Apperently the new patch 1.07 will address the TCS more :) so hopefully i'll try that again with the La Ferrari, it does handle better thanks to your advice, but still feels like a scolded rabbit. :(

Apperently the new patch 1.07 will address the TCS more :) so hopefully i'll try that again with the La Ferrari, it does handle better thanks to your advice, but still feels like a scolded rabbit. :(
Just remember is has got a lot of power. I found it to be the throttle control is the key now that I have tame it, the LSD and the transmission might make the car a bit better to handle.

I tested the beast at Alsace – Village track a lap time of 2:04.457, I don't know if it means anything. Everything stock on the car and set TCS 0 and Brake Balance 0 and I put Racing Soft Tyres, it handles not to bad but you still need to a little bit of throttle control on these tyres. That time I did it could have been be a little faster to get to know the car but it is a bad beast on Racing Hard Tyres or less.

Edit: Racing Soft Tyres lap time 1:57.815
Racing Hard Tyres lap time 1:59.915
On sports hard tyres this is a beast to control. You have to have a good throttle control on this car and which sometimes I don't, but the more I practise driving this car using my wheel and the car stock apart from the tyres, I am getting a better control of the car :).

Try this suspension below on the car, I found it quite good using my wheel and I can control the car a lot better in the corners now. everything else is still stock on the car.
View attachment 697215
In all fairness the la Ferrari is a 900+ bhp car sports soft tyres work on the mustang and Aston Martin etc but put racing hard tyres on and a bit of tweaking and it behaves ok just my personal opinion but on sports soft tyres it is nearly impossible

So i've tested the car for long periods of time. I've noted this since patch 1.06 + 1.07

a) Car still wants to spin its wheels while accelerating from 50 - 80 mph.
b) It still wants to slide out under hard breaking from 115 mph.
c) Under steer can be felt very noticeably when taking on level 3, 2 or hairpin turns.
d) Despite using SS tires, the car still behaves like it did before patch work for TCS. I'm having to run it with level 5 most of the time and rarely on level 4.
e) i've noticed that by default the DRS doesn't produce enough down force when breaking or accelerating to keep the rear from spinning out too much.

Friendly note:
Despite not being a big fan of Ferrari, I really enjoy the La Ferrari. I think its a fun car at times which is why I'd like to put some effort and make it work for me and others who find this information useful :)

So i've tested the car for long periods of time. I've noted this since patch 1.06 + 1.07

a) Car still wants to spin its wheels while accelerating from 50 - 80 mph.
b) It still wants to slide out under hard breaking from 115 mph.
c) Under steer can be felt very noticeably when taking on level 3, 2 or hairpin turns.
d) Despite using SS tires, the car still behaves like it did before patch work for TCS. I'm having to run it with level 5 most of the time and rarely on level 4.
e) i've noticed that by default the DRS doesn't produce enough down force when breaking or accelerating to keep the rear from spinning out too much.

Friendly note:
Despite not being a big fan of Ferrari, I really enjoy the La Ferrari. I think its a fun car at times which is why I'd like to put some effort and make it work for me and others who find this information useful :)
Thank for telling me about this La Ferrari :cheers:. I don't thing this car will be any good on SS tyres to control it, and I think it is better just to leave SS tyres off this car for good.

Thank for telling me about this La Ferrari :cheers:. I don't thing this car will be any good on SS tyres to control it, and I think it is better just to leave SS tyres off this car for good.
Yeah I can’t get it to behave on ss but rh its good I’ve tweaked it abit and now love driving it

Yeah I can’t get it to behave on ss but rh its good I’ve tweaked it abit and now love driving it
Try my tune below on SS tyres, it is a fun car to drive now but you still have take it easy on the throttle.

Ferrari La Ferrari '13 (N1000)

949 BHP
71,4 Max Torque kgfm
1,255kg
MR

Ratio Power 100% Level Up 3 Weight Reduction Level Up 3
Ratio Weight Reduction 100%

Traction control

Tires
Sports: Soft

Brakes front/rear distribution

FC Suspension
F/R
100/112
1.85/1,85
6/4
53/53
83/83
1.8/1.5
In 0.10/In 0.20

Downforce
F/R
n/a

FC LSD
5/6/14

FC Transmission
Max speed: 300kmh
Final Gear: 4.500
1st: 2.477
2nd: 1.839
3rd: 1.567
4th: 1.328
5th: 1.164
6th: 1.044
7th: 0.966

Final Gear: 4.610

Try my tune below on SS tyres, it is a fun car to drive now but you still have take it easy on the throttle.

Ferrari La Ferrari '13 (N1000)

949 BHP
71,4 Max Torque kgfm
1,255kg
MR

Ratio Power 100% Level Up 3 Weight Reduction Level Up 3
Ratio Weight Reduction 100%

Traction control

Tires
Sports: Soft

Brakes front/rear distribution

FC Suspension
F/R
100/112
1.85/1,85
6/4
53/53
83/83
1.8/1.5
In 0.10/In 0.20

Downforce
F/R
n/a

FC LSD
5/6/14

FC Transmission
Max speed: 300kmh
Final Gear: 4.500
1st: 2.477
2nd: 1.839
3rd: 1.567
4th: 1.328
5th: 1.164
6th: 1.044
7th: 0.966

Final Gear: 4.610
Thanks I will give it a try

Try Ferrari F40... its so much muchh muchhhhh better than LaFerrari... im a ferrari fans by the way
I'm not a ferrari fan at all, I've always kinda liked Lambo more. but, I dont hate ferrari. just never gravitated towards it. that being said, I did get the La Ferrari, and Enzo Ferrari for free from daily gifts.

The Enzo, I feel drives a bit better than the La Ferrari. I'll try the F40, but based on whats been happening to me lately with gift roulette... im sure i'll get it soon for free and wont need to burn 450,000 cr. for it lol.

Yeah that car is wild but driveable. I've never drive one in real life but i can only compare it to a Koenigsegg Agera youtube video i recently saw (ill try to find it after work). The car essentially came out of a low speed corner in 1st or 2nd, fired down the straight subtly leaving tire marks all the way through 4th or 5th gear. These are cars with stupid power and low weight.

I have a tune in the pipelines

Back