LA Gamers get Free Gas from Polyphony, today only!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 16 comments
  • 1,186 views

Jordan

Administrator
Messages
24,965
United States
United States
Messages
GTP_Jordan
Messages
GTP_Jordan
"Sony Computer Entertainment America, publisher of the best-selling Gran Turismo racing franchise for PlayStation 2, will celebrate the release of the gaming industry's most highly anticipated title and honor automotive excellence and car culture by offering free gas to consumers.

A Gran Turismo Pit Crew will welcome consumers to the special event, filling gas tanks and giving drivers and GT4 fans a chance to play one of the most anticipated titles in videogame history.

When: Tuesday, February 22 7:00 AM 9:00 AM

Where: Conoco Phillips 76 Station 1402 Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica, CA."

Very cool! Any members who are able to make it to this event, be sure to spread the word about GTPlanet.net! :)
 
Dude! We should drive out there and get a free tank! Head down to I-40 and pick me up on your way through Little Rock (: If we really step on it we should make it before they close.
 
Jordan
When: Tuesday, February 22 7:00 AM 9:00 AM

Where: Conoco Phillips 76 Station 1402 Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica, CA."


As luck would have it, the weather forecast is for torrential rain with thunder and lightning.

Hope the game is set up indoors!
 
Mmm... Free Gas..


*looks at location*

Uhh... Nevermind..
 
Cool, I wish they'd do something like that for us Canadians.
 
I figure a lot of SUV's owners would be happy of that.
 
Usually when people give away gas the lines are herendous. The last time someone did that is San Diego people were waiting for 2-3 hrs. Hopefully there is a limit or else you will be stuck behind a bunch of motorhomes that are camping at the location right now. That 2 hour window of free gas is extremely small... good luck.
 
thats why im waking up at 5. i want to goto check out the racing kiosk.
 
I live just forty miles East of there and I'm not going. Do you know what kind of traffic there is at 7 to 9AM in the LA area? Plus it's been raining non stop for three days now, with no end in sight. Plus again, do you realize what kind of neighborhood that gas station is in? If any of you are going to this event, make sure to bring some body armor. You're gonna need it.

Nice location PD. How about making the next location on the corner of Abu Zukhayr and Husayn Ali in uptown Fallujha, Iraq. 👍
 
Solid Lifters
I live just forty miles East of there and I'm not going. Do you know what kind of traffic there is at 7 to 9AM in the LA area? Plus it's been raining non stop for three days now, with no end in sight. Plus again, do you realize what kind of neighborhood that gas station is in? If any of you are going to this event, make sure to bring some body armor. You're gonna need it.

Nice location PD. How about making the next location on the corner of Abu Zukhayr and Husayn Ali in uptown Fallujha, Iraq. 👍

:lol:👍 yeah... pretty much, of all place LA that's hilarious! I think my aunt lives pretty close to the old site they were going to, I don't know about the new location.
 
Dude...

It's in Van Nuys. We're not talking South Central here. I'm over there all the time, and I've never once been shot at.
 
I've never even been shot at in south central. Walking up to the store at 10pm, still, no shots.

Crime is really going down, i believe... And no, i live nowhere NEAR south central. Anyway, as far as this weather is concerned, and the fact that i didnt know about it until NOW, i won't be going. I can hear the thunder as i type this (well, a little while ago).
 
Takumi Fujiwara
Dude...

It's in Van Nuys. We're not talking South Central here. I'm over there all the time, and I've never once been shot at.
I used to live around that area in the early nineties. I've seen, not read about, but SEEN two drive bys, one with a car and one on bike, yes BIKE, and two guys slashing and stabing each other in the face and neck with pocket knives. Trust me, bring some body armor.
 
What a waste of gas going to Santa Monica, I am extremely upset. So just a reminder the free gas was cancelled do to the rain. The radio station Kiss FM was giving out the gas at that station, so just save your gas and don't waste time like I did. :(
 
Back