La Sarthe 24 hours

  • Thread starter Thread starter bLAKESTER 97
  • 45 comments
  • 3,670 views
Almost 2 hours in and the rain has stopped occasionally but there is still the odd sprinkle. I had to pit about 2-3 laps early because back tyres had had it put racing hards on the car and was almost a lap down when I came out of the pits however I have been able to hold the bently out for the past about 8 laps, but can't seem to pull away from it. I'm running about 3:36-3:40. When the track dries out completely I might put racing softs on and see how I go.
Any other suggestions to get me back in the race?

why you use racing hard when its bit wet? thats pointless

use racing softs...
they generate more temperature... and thats what you need in the rain...

hard tires comes slower to the optimal point
btw

i run 9 laps with racing softs only 7-8 with middle and 6-7 with racing hard...

I say hard tires wont work on a LMP because too much power of the car, so you weare them down really fast..

so slip on softs and push push push as hard as you can
 
Thank you. I'm starting to catch up with hards. Good to know it will only get easier with softs. I don't have mediums because I forgot to buy them
 
Thank you. I'm starting to catch up with hards. Good to know it will only get easier with softs. I don't have mediums because I forgot to buy them

so use soft direkt... hard tires dont work on LMPs (my tought)
 
I have not tested it in a while, but the only thing I got out of running Racing Hard over Racing Soft Tires, was less grip.
I got the same amount of laps with both before I had to pit.
In hard rain, Racing Rains had more grip, but for anything else Softs worked best.
 
Yeah there's no longer life for harder compounds in this game, for some inconceiveable reason. Also as I understand it, the Endurance races, like all A-Spec races, use "Low" Grip Reduction which is basically synonymous with "arcade tire physics mode." Part of what that means is that there is no benefit to using intermediate or rain tires over racing softs in the rain. I haven't heard how they relate to mediums or hards though.

Thanks PD.
 
Tire choice in GT5 is more about choosing the difficulty level than adapting to race conditions that it is in real life.
 
I haven't done the event not do I plan on doing a 24HR race but if I were you i'd go with the Mazda 787B, it seems like it would be a good race, yet still maintaining a lead on the other cars at the end.
 
Does anyone think a Bentley 8 is overkill for this? I upgraded the turbo also.

So far I've only run bedding in laps for about half an hour, so I don't know how much fatigue, boredom and darkness are going to factor. The car was a good few seconds a lap faster even in the rain (I had TCS on 10!)

If I'm honest, I'm not sure if I'm a big enough masochist.
 
Does anyone think a Bentley 8 is overkill for this? I upgraded the turbo also.

So far I've only run bedding in laps for about half an hour, so I don't know how much fatigue, boredom and darkness are going to factor. The car was a good few seconds a lap faster even in the rain (I had TCS on 10!)

If I'm honest, I'm not sure if I'm a big enough masochist.

would say the Bentley is overkill... /remove turbo and it will be bit closer.. just test it

heres a great setup for the car

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154162

the bentley handles really well, in the night you will notice that you can find your breakpoints easy

exampel, first chicane @ mulsane break near the last "shield" on the right side...

2. chicane break at the last "shield" you hit this points in the night really exact... after night i wasnt able to find the breaking points because it too birght

and end of mulsane straigt break at the beging of the curb/apex how ever we call it^^
 
Does anyone think a Bentley 8 is overkill for this? I upgraded the turbo also.

So far I've only run bedding in laps for about half an hour, so I don't know how much fatigue, boredom and darkness are going to factor. The car was a good few seconds a lap faster even in the rain (I had TCS on 10!)

If I'm honest, I'm not sure if I'm a big enough masochist.
If you want a good race, why have the TC set so high ?
Try ABS and TC set no higher than 1.
 
It's starting to rain a bit heavier - should I change to rain tyres?
 
If you want a good race, why have the TC set so high ?
Try ABS and TC set no higher than 1.

Only had it on 1 or 2 to start, but it was a wet race, so I pumped it up to 10 whilst on the straight. The plan was to lower it again once it dried. Having said that, I take your point re the turbo.
 
I'm 6 hours in pitch dark still raining - have had the lead for the past 2 hours
 
It's starting to rain a bit heavier - should I change to rain tyres?

I don't know how it works for your car, but I found that even in full-on rain, the Formula GT was easier to drive on racing softs than rain tyres.
Glad my rain-period wasn't at night tho xD No headlights + rain = no thx
 
It has only stopped for about 15 mins at the 2 hour mark
 
11 hours in - rain stopped 3 hours ago, 3 lap lead over the R8
 
Back