La Sarthe II: 24 Hours [B-Spec Problem... no sol.]

• Thread starter Aero-R
  • 21 comments
Aero-R
Hi

I've used this forum since years but not for post, just reading. I'm a Gran Turismo saga follower, since the first one and I've passed all of them but now on Gran Turismo 4 I'm still at 99'8% of the game.. and just because I'm not capable to pass the La Sarthe II: 24 Hours on B-Spec mode (I do not have the time to do it fully on A-Spec mode) due to the famous error on this game with it. I've read all the info here about that problem that many more people have too, but even if I use "2" as B-Spec rhythm as one of the post says (and I've tried with many cars as Polyphony Formula GT, Pescarolo C60, Mazda 787B..) it continues doing those stupid things on the Mulsanne Straight. The version of the game I've is the PAL one, and my B-Spec points are 7800 if I remember well. Do anyone know how to solve this B-Spec situation just to get the 100% and the ****ing great Black Formula GT?

Excuse me about my english, I hope that my message could be understood...

As ceiling Fan said, check out that thread, especially starting from the most recent replies going backwards, as there you'll see more solutions from those that have not had a problem B-specing this race, rather than a lot of posts all complainign about the same thing... as I assume you are looking for a solution, not just to know you are not alone. :)

Personally though, I've done a lot of B-specing in that race for testing purposes, and the only time I have ever had that problem is when my B-spec driver setting was set above 2 and only on certain cars. In other words, you aren't stuck having to A-spec it if that is what you are concerned about.

I've B-specced both Sarthe enduros a half dozen times each, always with the FGT, always at pace 3, never with any suspension/wing/gear/etc tweaks with B-spec drivers ranging from about 8300 points to 10000. The glitch always happens a couple times but never affects things enough to keep from winning by 7 laps or so.

About the only suggestion I can make is if you're glitched badly enough to keep you from winning is to try again against a different lineup.

our brothers over at gtvault have some excellent writeups about le mans cars and other useful stuff. what you're probably looking for is this information from the LM race car analysis:

Audi R8 -

74.83 laps in 4:00 hours (449.0 pace for 24). Lap 13: 3:04.1, Lap 35: 3.04.6, Lap 73: 3.05.4. Tires: R2/R1. Speed setting "4". Pit stop every 7 laps, 5 liters fuel left. 1112 HP, 2.02 final drive ratio, 260 MPH max A-Spec speed. Finished 2.5 laps ahead of the Sauber C9. The only car that Bob can drive error-free at the "4" setting, it just relentlessly turns fast laps, as you would expect, even though it needed R2/R1 tires to go 7 laps between pit stops.

_

Playstation Pescarolo C60 '04 -

75.12 laps in 4:00 hours (450.7 pace for 24). Lap 12: 3:02.4, Lap 40: 3:04.7, Lap 74: 3:04.2. Tires: R3/R2. Speed setting: "3", Pit stop every 7 laps, 2 liters fuel left. 1162 HP, 2.00 final drive ratio, 253 MPH max A-Spec speed. Finished 2.3 laps ahead of the 88C-V. Oh, gee, what a shock: The Sony "company car" was the fastest of all in this exercise, due in no small part to its big tire life advantage that makes the R3/R2 combination possible. In the real world, the Peskies are not really competitive with the Audi R8s, but in PD's digital domain, they can alter reality as they see fit. They've ordained the '04 Playstation Pescarolo-Judd C60 as the fastest car in the game in the Sarthe II 24-hour in B-Spec mode. So be it.

I've finally passed it and without see any of those suggestions (I didn't have internet those days). Well, I'd saw the old thread, but no one of those suggestoins help me so I tried another time yesterday with the black Mazda 787B, with just a normal config (the one I should set to drive normally at my best conditions) and... it worked !

I mean.. it crashed from time to time, but not many laps really. Finally I won by one lap to the second car.. another Mazda 787B. I used hard tyres on the front and supa'hard tyres on the back, and 70 mm heigh. Always on B-Spec "3" mode. I finally have now the 100% =)

Thanks to all for the comments and help ^_^

PD: Yesterday I check GT HD on a Playstation 3 from a stand (I don't have one yet), what a ****ing good control with the Ferrari doing drifts! haha

Well thanks for resurrecting a thread that's been dead for over 4 years to answer a question that's already been answered and linked to.
This is known as gravedigging.
grave-digger.gif

It's not very welcome here.
If you truly have something new and useful to add, by all means go ahead, but don't just provide the same answer again. 👎

I think its the speed of your car i guess that over 1000 bhp is to much.You are gonna fly over the bumps and that's the reason you crash into the wall.I also noticed that if you are in slipstream it happens very much

Last edited:
I have found perfect setup for nissan r92cp also
TIRES front racing hard and rear super hard
RIDE HEIGHT front and rear 55mm
SHOCK BOUND front and rear 10
SHOCK REBOUND front and rear 10
STABALISERS front and rear 7
And i'm also driving on 2=reduced pace
The car is driving very smoothly also.The car doesn't end in the sand like he usually does
don't equip with turbo stage 4 or else you will end up in the wall only if you can't beat the other cars

Last edited:
but the glitch isn't so bad you lose max. 10 sec. and if you have a good car like me you will regain the sec. or positions that you have lost

Can I ask why in the world you've posted 8 times in a row?

The edit button is your friend.

i'm new so i didn't know you had to edit al the time :)

If you have something to add to your previous post, and nobody else has posted after you yet, it's best to simply click the edit button and write instead of starting a whole new post.

ok
and i discovered a new glitch in the 1000 km of fuji speedway in the pits when your car stands almost vertical :D,and KimLM it's the 24 hours of le mans 2013 this weekend are you gonna watch?

Last edited:
Back