Lack of Mt. Aso jumps

Indonesia
Jakarta
Normalaatsra
Many track creators know Mt. Aso for their crazy ramps that causes plenty of spills. But since the patch update that added a new feature to the Course Maker, corner banking, these spectacular moments are running out. Instead of the regular starting format, which is from the bottom of the hill, the update now brings them mostly to the top of the hill. I even feel like deleting the patch just to make the tracks before updating the game again.

Anyone else annoyed with this?

I've noticed this too. Managed to get a pretty good jump track before 1.06 but couldn't find another good jump for converting it to a online useable track.

I still reckon you can get the jumps, you might just have to keep making courses and it'll pop up sometime.

I have experimented so much with this that I am actually growing bored. I have not yet seen anything with a decent jump after 1.06.

I've actually managed to make one track that had a lot of them. It even has a ramp on the starting straight! I'll post pictures soon.

Pretty much you need to get a track section that goes over elevation lines that are real close to each other. A few elevation lines should work for a good jump.

I figured out the secret to getting some jumps into Mt. Aso again, normally both sides of a Mt. Aso track is very close to the other, parallel. Well, keep regenerating the track until you get a wide track where the circuit is no longer parallel like:
Mt%20Aso.jpg

(yes i have been making a lot of tracks XD)
Then the point furthest away from the start will have the jumps:
Furthest.jpg

You can get that quite a bit longer, but you can average 2 - 4 jumps there, this seems to be because they have moved the contour map to the right a bit, but atleast the jumps aren't dead :D
btw easiest settings to get that far out are:
No. of sections: 7
Section Complexity: 10 (applies to every section)
It would also be best to put the road width up to 5, to get a decent area of road which you can use to keep more speed through corners, camber also helps as well :)
I hope i have solved most of your issue :)

Mt. Aso used to be epic. No more.

After v1.06 it's pretty much confirmed impossible to get anything over 2 miles there, and the layouts are usually pretty boring. The first one dives steeply into the first corner, then climbs just as steeply out of it - sometimes for quite a long way. This one has been there since release and is now usually long and thin. The second has a more even start but usually has a heavily undulating back section - this can create extremely difficult corners so watch out. The last corner on this one usually goes uphill at an extreme angle.

I've seen a few exceptions (totally unique layouts, or type-2 layouts with type-1 elevation IIRC), but nowadays Mt. Aso has very little variance in layouts. IIRC most of them used to have the steep drop into the first corner and the steep climb out of it, just as now, but you could really get a unique layout - not easy at all anymore.

I still have my first course creator track, Backfire Ridge, left unconverted because I don't want it to become another generic post-1.06 Aso course...

WHY DID YOU RUIN IT PD?

Come to think of it they need a more hardcore rally generator... all these rally cars and no where to have some real fun :\ I wanna climb some damn mountains lol

Back