Lack of rainfall effects?

Jewel Runner

(Banned)
United States
United States
I'm on ps4 pro. When racing, the rainfall can hardly be seen. I'm using chase cam. HDR is turned off as my TV doesn't have true HDR, don't know if that makes any difference. Brightness settings etc are optimal. When I pause the game while racing I can see the rainfall and can see the ranfall at very low speed. It's the same it every view. Settings are at torrential rain.

Also a mention to how ridiculously low the effects are when driving behind lots of cars at high speeds.

Made a video

It's the same for everyone. But seriously, you really aren't satisfied with the current rain effects? It's honestly even a miracle they got it working at all given the base PS4 holding everything back.

I mean of course it could be better but I think what we got is pretty darn good.

Last edited:
It's the same for everyone. But seriously, you really aren't satisfied with the current rain effects? It's honestly even a miracle they got it working at all given the base PS4 holding everything back.

I mean of course it could be better but I think what we got is pretty darn good.
No I'm not satisfied and neither should anyone. It's raining but not raining.

"Same for everyone, it's honestly, I mean, but seriously, darn good". Get out if my face with that crap.

You can see the rain effects at times.
Try 24h Lemans at night, as you pass under the dunlop bridge, you can see it due to the Low Pressure Sodium Lamp.

Buts its just just the rooster tails that are lacking.
Go to a rally stage. where are the big ass dust clouds?
GT4 had them.
Is a PS2 more capable than a PS4/5?

Last edited:
The base ps4 gave us the best rain effects to date, no game has even come close!
Starting to get irked on people ******** on the ps4 due to their ignorance of how scalability in graphics engines works. You can turn the effect off on the ps4 and have them on the ps5. It's not rocket science.

No I'm not satisfied and neither should anyone.
It's kind of unwise to expect and/or assume that everyone has/should have the same opinion as you. It's like saying, "I'm not satisfied with the taste of this pasta and neither should anyone."

Trust me, I've learned that the hard way at a certain forum a long time ago. =/

Anyway, while not the best obviously with Driveclub up there, for staying at the 60fps target on PS4, they're good enough as someone just said above. I do wish there was more, but... yeah, blame the chip shortage and the pandemic for slowing PS5 production down.

It's kind of unwise to expect and/or assume that everyone has/should have the same opinion as you. It's like saying, "I'm not satisfied with the taste of this pasta and neither should anyone."

Trust me, I've learned that the hard way at a certain forum a long time ago. =/

Anyway, while not the best obviously with Driveclub up there, for staying at the 60fps target on PS4, they're good enough as someone just said above. I do wish there was more, but... yeah, blame the chip shortage and the pandemic for slowing PS5 production down.
No it really isn't the same or even similar. Terrible analogy. Try again?

Back