Lack of vintage Indy 500 stuff

Brazil
Brazil
We have almost all F1 and other racing series seasons already converted to the AC - so, I don't understand why no one today proposes doing cars from the 60s and 70s Indy to AC.

Apart the Mclaren M16 from HSS and some Legion cars, there is little from this Indy era for AC. Not even a 60's version of Indianapolis, post-paving the last brickyard session, we have in the game! Why?

I also would love the 1980-early 1990 cars, to ricreate Papyrus's Indianapolis 500 and sequels.
And the Mansell's 1993 car.
But I can't find nothing at all :(

Mhhh all to modern, pre war please. :D

Think the real problem is that Indy racing is not that popular in the rest of the world only locally at some countries.

Last edited:
Mhhh all to modern, pre war please. :D

Think the real problem is that Indy racing is not that popular in the rest of the world only locally at some countries.
Brow, at least HSS and Sergio Loro are working on pre-war stuff. But anything after the 50's, well.... its basically nothing.

And I partially agree with your point. The issue isn't even the popularity of Indy and the 500 miles, which I think any motorsport fan knows. The problem is with the larger aspect of USAC, which is overshadowed by the other categories.

Furthermore, in the 60s we had Clark, Stewart, Hill, Hulme, Brabham and other foreign drivers racing in the category - and that in itself is already an appeal for any lover of that era.

My country had Arie Luyendyk as a 2 times Indy winner, but still as if nothing did happen. While for F1 even those clumsy drivers like Giedo van der Garde, Christijan Albers or Robert Doornbos, did get more attention.

Last edited:
Back