Lada in GT4!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elstro
  • 7 comments
  • 949 views
Messages
571
England
Cambridge, UK
Messages
tdyln
Okay, this has jsut got to me lateley after purchasing and tuning a '69 Nissan Bluebird. It's a pretty slick machine too, with neato handling and an amzing power-to-weight ratio.

Anyone else think that this car looks exactly like a Lada/Fiat 124? đź’ˇ
 
I think so too ^^ That car comes closest to the 2104 from Lada :) It's a blast to drift it with a turbo-tune! Just throw N1's underneath it and happy-go-lucky! (I always had an affection towards crappy cars :D)
 
Toni Babelony
I think so too ^^ That car comes closest to the 2104 from Lada :) It's a blast to drift it with a turbo-tune! Just throw N1's underneath it and happy-go-lucky! (I always had an affection towards crappy cars :D)

Me too - no idea why. I rag all sorts of tat around the 'Ring, normally N2/3 tyres. Done me some good tho - my friends using DFPs are 10secs behind me on the Ring when we compete with the same car/settings. :dopey:
 
It's a beaut. Maybe the Lada was a license clone?
 
The Japanese were known to be copycats during the 60's / 70's... practically in any industry, clothing, cars, electronics... that's how they got so advanced and rich after WWII. Making practically the same product with the same quality and selling it for less.



My grandpa who would make design and create suits for rich folks had a visit from several japanese people who would pay a lot of money for the designs and samples. My grandpa refused back then, but he should just have accepted it. They bought the samples from others anyway.
 
Sellin a Lada-lookalike with somthing like quality and for less money than the original? :dunce:
 
Japan made some stunning looking cars back in the 60's. Ever seen a Prince Gloria? Now that's a cool looking car.
 
niky
It's a beaut. Maybe the Lada was a license clone?

The original Lada was an Italian Fiat desing that was sold to the former USSR so you are correct.
I never really thought the Datsun looked like it, but I guess you guys are correct :crazy:

Lada 1200:
foto08.jpg


Datsun 510 (also known as the bluebird)
law.jpg


Both are modified a little.

Oh and I did drive a 1200 when I was in Europe visiting... it was an experience nonetheless :crazy:
 
Back