LaFerrari vs LaFerrari FXXK

• Thread starter j n21t4
  • 9 comments

Do you think the LaFerrari in Assetto Corsa is too quick?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
C4DB561A-AC46-4735-8555-5E98CBB7159A.jpeg
I don’t know if people have noticed, but if you regularly drive the LaFerrari FXXK, you may noticed that Kunos have made it slower. And you may also notice that the LaFerrari is too quick if you also step into that.

On Monza, I used to have no trouble hitting a top speed of 205mph in the LaFerrari FXXK. There is also a video showing it was possible, which I will provide a link to after this point. In the LaFerrari, I can hit 204mph. Now though, I can only max 199mph in the LaFerrari FXXK and still hit 204mph in the LaFerrari. The LaFerrari FXXK also feels more understeery to me at times, and my lap times feel much slower, whereas they feel much faster than before with the LaFerrari.

Before, in the LaFerrari FXXK, I would be able to do 1:42 at best with 1:43 as a general or more consistent time. Now, I can only do a best of 1:44, with 1:45-1:47 being more consistent. With the LaFerrari, I’m also consistent with 1:47-1:48. I’m more comfortable driving the LaFerrari FXXK, so it shouldn’t be that close.

I also got the AI to do a race on Alien level (I’m a PS4 player), and the LaFerrari FXXK set a 1:43.695, while the LaFerrari set a 1:46.838. That’s only a difference of 3.2 seconds, when it should be 5+ seconds. Yes, Ferrari claim the LaFerrari FXXK is 5 seconds quicker than the LaFerrari on Fiorano, which is a much different track, but I can prove the quickness with three videos on the Fiorano mod, which I will go into detail about later.

The LaFerrari, on the other hand, is way too quick on a straight line in the game. There’s a channel testing acceleration of some cars in Assetto Corsa, (will provide link below) and the LaFerrari managed 0-186mph (0-300km/h) in 14.8 seconds and 0-200mph (0-322km/h) in 17.6 seconds. In reality, the LaFerrari has done 0-186mph (0-300km/h) in 17.5 seconds, but in game it’s basically already at 200mph. And also the Agera R, which is much quicker than the LaFerrari, does 0-186mph in 14.53 seconds and 0-200mph in 17.68 seconds in reality, indicating that the LaFerrari in game is too quick because it shouldn’t be able to post similar times as the Agera R.

Also, what I noticed was I remember the LaFerrari being quicker than a LaFerrari FXXK once they both hit gear 7. But now, the LaFerrari is quicker from just before they hit gear 6 (in the middle of gear 5).

And I also tested the P1 GTR on Monza, and it also has the same trap speeds of the LaFerrari FXXK, so maybe Kunos slowed it down for BoP? Because on any track, these two cannot be separated in terms of trap speed, they both literally have the same acceleration.

See? They are inseparable, and I’d expect that, given that the P1 and LaFerrari were close enough and Ferrari shed off more weight and added barely more power. So I trust their performance.

Finally, the hybrid system of the LaFerrari also recharges way too quick. And the best place to notice it is on the Monza 1966 Full Course. The LaFerrari can enter a braking zone and have full battery charge. The 918 Spyder, P1, P1 GTR and LaFerrari FXXK cannot recharge like that, they barely recharge it halfway. It is also quicker than both the LaFerrari FXXK and P1 GTR on that track.

Going back to Fiorano, which is different to Monza, the LaFerrari and LaFerrari FXXK are 5 seconds apart. And neither of these cars are mods in the game. But on the Fiorano mod, a YouTuber called Julio Cezar Kronbauer does hot laps for both, and the difference is 2.651 seconds, when it should be 5 seconds. Links below:

LaFerrari -
LaFerrari FXXK -

(By the way, his videos are interesting. I suggest you check them out).

My conclusion is that the LaFerrari FXXK has been made slow, and the LaFerrari is way too quick. But after giving it thought, maybe the LaFerrari FXXK was too quick, and is now fixed. Because in reality, both do 320km/h on Monza, and that’s what they also do in-game. But that’s my take, what’s yours?

Last edited:
Wish I can help with that! I even didn't know that the FXXK is a LaFerrari enhanced version! :lol::banghead:
I'll try to drive both and see what I can find!
But nice find though! Good eye!

View attachment 706344 I don’t know if people have noticed, but if you regularly drive the LaFerrari FXXK, you may noticed that Kunos have made it slower. And you may also
Going back to Fiorano, which is different to Monza, the LaFerrari and LaFerrari FXXK are 5 seconds apart. And neither of these cars are mods in the game. But on the Fiorano mod, a YouTuber called Julio Cezar Kronbauer does hot laps for both, and the difference is 2.651 seconds, when it should be 5 seconds. Links below:
Why should it be 5 seconds? I'll never understand why people think a SIM should be identical to real life times. Your statement that it should be 5 seconds quicker would mean that every driver should lap identical times in the Lafa and FXXK around Fiorano in real life. Some cars are are quicker in real life than other cars, but only in the right hands.

Why should it be 5 seconds? I'll never understand why people think a SIM should be identical to real life times. Your statement that it should be 5 seconds quicker would mean that every driver should lap identical times in the Lafa and FXXK around Fiorano in real life. Some cars are are quicker in real life than other cars, but only in the right hands.

That’s a really good point but this is where I’m coming from, please try to understand:

For a car that gets an 87hp increase with a weight cut of 90kg, 50% added downforce and slicks, I would expect a difference over 2 seconds, that’s the difference between the 650S and 675LT on most tracks. Here you can even see the 675LT winning by 3 seconds, and both are on road tires. The 675LT only gets a 25hp and 15lb-ft increase, with 40% more downforce. It has a weight cut of 100kg.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/nn09z72l2zls

In-game, the P1 GTR is believably quicker than the P1, and the P1 does have a higher top speed like I’d expect, but the LaFerrari pulls on the LaFerrari FXXK too easily after 170mph. It accelerates like an Agera R.

And you overlooked my point about the straight line acceleration, yes some cars are quicker than others in real life, but I don’t think a LaFerrari is near as quick as an Agera R above 150mph. But you see it in game posting similar times than the Agera R in real life. Sorry I expect realistic performance, you’d expect that most sim fans would...

In-game LaFerrari = 17.6 sec 0-200mph
Real Agera R = 17.6 sec 0-200mph
Real LaFerrari = 17.5 sec 0-186mph
In-game LaFerrari = 14.8 sec 0-186mph
Real Agera R = 14.5 sec 0-186mph

That straight line acceleration contributes on many tracks, and I like to see real performance figures. But you are correct in your point, that’s why I also used the AI to do laps, which is in your response to every driver being able to lap the same.

And it’s also the battery recharge. Take all 5 hybrid hypercars to Monza 1966 Full Course and you’ll see how bad all cars but the LaFerrari suffer. On the very first corner after the finish line, the LaFerrari is able to fully recharge its battery from dead. The others can’t and do you really think it should recharge that quick? The P1 and LaFerrari should not be that far apart.

The performance of the P1 actually seems realistic in-game.

The timings are in the comment section, and you could see they are closer to real life.

Now compare it to the LaFerrari one in the original comment and then find me a real drag race video of the LaFerrari and P1 that shows the same as in-game.

My point is basically that the LaFerrari is too overpowered. The P1, P1 GTR and LaFerrari FXXK put up believable performances.

Last edited:
That’s a really good point but this is where I’m coming from, please try to understand:

For a car that gets an 87hp increase with a weight cut of 90kg, 50% added downforce and slicks, I would expect a difference over 2 seconds, that’s the difference between the 650S and 675LT on most tracks. Here you can even see the 675LT winning by 3 seconds, and both are on road tires. The 675LT only gets a 25hp and 15lb-ft increase, with 40% more downforce. It has a weight cut of 100kg.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/nn09z72l2zls

In-game, the P1 GTR is believably quicker than the P1, and the P1 does have a higher top speed like I’d expect, but the LaFerrari pulls on the LaFerrari FXXK too easily after 170mph. It accelerates like an Agera R.

And you overlooked my point about the straight line acceleration, yes some cars are quicker than others in real life, but I don’t think a LaFerrari is near as quick as an Agera R above 150mph. But you see it in game posting similar times than the Agera R in real life. Sorry I expect realistic performance, you’d expect that most sim fans would...

In-game LaFerrari = 17.6 sec 0-200mph
Real Agera R = 17.6 sec 0-200mph
Real LaFerrari = 17.5 sec 0-186mph
In-game LaFerrari = 14.8 sec 0-186mph
Real Agera R = 14.5 sec 0-186mph

That straight line acceleration contributes on many tracks, and I like to see real performance figures. But you are correct in your point, that’s why I also used the AI to do laps, which is in your response to every driver being able to lap the same.

And it’s also the battery recharge. Take all 5 hybrid hypercars to Monza 1966 Full Course and you’ll see how bad all cars but the LaFerrari suffer. On the very first corner after the finish line, the LaFerrari is able to fully recharge its battery from dead. The others can’t and do you really think it should recharge that quick? The P1 and LaFerrari should not be that far apart.

The performance of the P1 actually seems realistic in-game.

The timings are in the comment section, and you could see they are closer to real life.

Now compare it to the LaFerrari one in the original comment and then find me a real drag race video of the LaFerrari and P1 that shows the same as in-game.

My point is basically that the LaFerrari is too overpowered. The P1, P1 GTR and LaFerrari FXXK put up believable performances.

I agree that there is something off as I tested ths after reading your post. There is onething I will add though, wind was added in the last update. I wonder if that has anything to do with the change of speeds? or it could just be bugged.

I agree that there is something off as I tested ths after reading your post. There is onething I will add though, wind was added in the last update. I wonder if that has anything to do with the change of speeds? or it could just be bugged.

Yeah maybe. The cornering speeds seem fine but in a straight line, it accelerates like an Agera R. It’s quicker than the P1 by a lot.

And it’s the KERS recovery, it just charges full from completely flat on the first braking zone of Monza 1966 Full Course. Try that in the other hybrid hypercars and they won’t get close to halfway. I don’t think it really can charge that quick, maybe that’s a glitch too?

When you compare the P1, P1 GTR and LaFerrari FXXK, it is much more believable.

I think I’ve found one of the problems with the lap times. Or at least, why the LaFerrari is closer than it should be to the LaFerrari FXXK in lap times. I think it is that it is already using the best tires on the stock setup, which may help in cornering.

But it still doesn’t explain why the LaFerrari is so quick in a straight line. Even the 918 Spyder Weissach Package is quick in-game, but it is nowhere near as exaggerated as the LaFerrari.

I think everyone here can agree with me that the P1 is the fastest of the three in a straight line. I even posted a video above of the P1 acceleration in-game, and it actually performs like it should. So there’s no issue with the P1.

In game, the 918 Spyder Weissach Package is quicker than the P1 to about 160mph. In reality, the McLaren starts catching the Porsche from about 130mph, and is quicker than the Ferrari after 100mph.

The Ferrari, in-game, is quicker than the Porsche from about 130mph. In reality, it’s from about 140mph-150mph.

Simply put, the Porsche is slightly too quick, the McLaren is fine, and the Ferrari is accelerating like an Agera R, if not slightly quicker.

Latest Posts

Back