Status
Not open for further replies.

Zona

Premium
United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Amowtek
Hello GTPlanet.

It's Hornet here with a Race Report of a Race I am about to undertake this afternoon. This will be 200 miles of Laguna Seca. 200 miles of twists and turns and the legendary corkscrew.

Driver Info:
Miscellaneous.jpg

R. Hornet. Mr Hornet is a 19 year old racing driver from Lucerne Switzerland. He started racing in go-karts at the age of 13. After winning numerous races he became the youngest ever person to win the 125 karting championship. After winning 3 consecutive championships in karting, he moved on to touring cars where he was picked up by RKM Motorsport. After a successful season in the big leagues, he is now ready to race in the endurance series.

Car Info:
Lucerne-ChapelBridge.jpg

The car is a 803BHP Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car. This car is Hornets favorite car to drive for endurance's due it being really easy to drive and it's tuned by RKM Motorpsort, making it the best car on the circuit.

The Track:
250px-Laguna_Seca.svg.png

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (previously known as Laguna Seca Raceway) is a paved road racing track used for both auto racing and motorcycle racing, originally constructed in 1957 near both Salinas and Monterey, California, USA.

The current racetrack is 2.238 miles (3.602 km) in length with a 180 feet (55 m) elevation change.[1][2] It has eleven turns, including the famous "Corkscrew" at Turns 8 and 8A. A variety of racing, exhibition and entertainment events are held at the raceway, ranging from superkarts to American Le Mans racing to music festivals.

The name Laguna Seca is Spanish for "dry lake". The area where the track is was originally a lake. The course was originally built around the lake, which has since dried up entirely. An artificial pond has since been added.

The track has had some many memorable car and bike races on it. Now it's time for Red to leave an impression on the circuit.

After a quick 15 minute practice session with times of 1.33.xx on the track, Red felt that he was ready to begin the race.

The Grid:
1: J.Castro Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe 2004.
2: A.Savolain Ford Mustang GT 2005.
3: S. Maddox Chrysler Prowler 2002.
4: R. Sandova Buick GNX 1987.
5: W. Russel Dodge Challenger R/T 1970.
6: D. Girard Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R 2000.
7: R. Hornet Dodge Challenger SRT8 TC.
8: E. Hermans Chevrolet Camaro SS 2010.
9: A.Bowen Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) 2004.
10: D. Holloway Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) 2000.
11: S. Ebersbacher Plymouth Cuda 440 six pack 1971.
12: B. Molinari Chevrolet Camaro SS 1969.

Easy opponents :D. Stay tuned for more. Will post updates every 20 laps.

I managed to weave my way into first by the time I got to the Andretti Hairpin. By the time I was at the corkscrew, I had a 4 second lead. I completed the first lap in 1.40.063 (not the best but I'm sure I will be quicker as the race continues).

*Will update with Pictures later*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back