• Thread starter thc118
  • 16 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
picture.php

pic provided by AMG đź‘Ť

Laguna Seca 200 miles
Race length: 90 laps

Famous Californian event is a good way to celebrate dominance of Japan's touring cars.

Rules:

1.) This events uses GT Mode mode as a event creator only.

2.) You can choose any car from the following list below, all cars are alphabetically sorted:

ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia (JGTC) '01
RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 (JGTC) '04
Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza (JGTC) '03
Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) '00
Toyota Wedssport Celica (JGTC) '03

3.) In addition to oiling and washing (GT auto) maintenance, you can only install and upgrade Increase Rigidity and Body Rigidity Refresher units, other parts are strictly forbidden. Any tires are allowed, adjusting any available vehicle parameters is permissible.

4.) Once you pick your vehicle post your acceptance in this thread, along with the full name of your vehicle's choice.

CURRENT ENTRIES
Code:
Driver --------------------- Car -------------------

shotamagee     Toyota Wedssport Celica (JGTC) '03
BH-21          Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza (JGTC) '03
thc118         Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) '00
Bopop4         RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 (JGTC) '04

5.) In order to participate go to Endurance Hall / Laguna Seca 200 miles. As soon as you complete the race you will receive total time, which will be your submission to thc118 via PM. You can submit as many times as you wish, and I'll count your best time.

6.) Usage of ASM and TCS is allowed.

7.) You should keep two wheels on the track all the time (rumble strips are part of the track) and avoid collision with AI cars or walls as much as possible.

8.) Wall-riding and any other cheat driving methods are forbidden.

9.) This challenge will run only once so, as soon as we pronounce our winner, competitors will have no more obligations for this challenge.

10.) Deadline for the submission is the 3rd of September, 2012. 24 hours before deadline I'll post a little reminder as well as list of all drivers with demonstrated submissions.

Happy Racing!! :gtpflag:

Laguna Seca 200 miles RESULTS​

Code:
[CENTER]Pos --- Driver ------ Total Time
1 shotamagee      2:11:33.722
2 thc118          2:16:xx.xxx
3 BH-21           2:19'26.308

Laguna Seca 200 miles ENDURANCE WINNER

shotamagee

[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Nice; I'm liking the JGTC 300 theme (a bit less extreme than the last few race car categories), I'll use the Toyota Wedssport Celica, please.

Shotamagee you like the price of the cars over the other series we have run. :) Looks like fun THC118.

I'm in with a Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza (JGTC) '03. Nice paintjob, lets see how the boxer engine stacks up.

Last edited:
Shotamagee you like the price of the cars over the other series we have run. :) Looks like fun THC118.

I'm in with a Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza (JGTC) '03. Nice paintjob, lets see how the boxer engine stacks up.

Not price, seeing as how I didn't spend any money, more so the car types; while the Lemans cars we've used for the last 2 comps are the fastest, loudest (ignoring the FGT) and probably most desirable cars in the game, I don't think I've ever been that good at driving them.
That and I've got 4 of these JGTC 300's, all of which I've used to take different 200 a-spec point races wins, so I've got a soft spot for them. I beat the Nurb 24H in the car you're using.

How's everyone doing? I got my car tunned and I'm ready to race sometime this week.

I got my race in. I must say I thought it was going to be a middle of the road finish. But after dueling with a Ford GT '05 and a SaleenS7 '02 I managed to pull off a win. I had a lot of fun with this car and track. Both of which are well suited for each other. A very fun race THC118.

Last edited:
How's everyone doing? I got my car tunned and I'm ready to race sometime this week.

I got my race in. I must say I thought it was going to be a middle of the road finish. But after dueling with a Ford GT '05 and a SaleenS7 '02 I managed to pull off a win. I had a lot of fun with this car and track. Both of which are well suited for each other. A very fun race THC118.

Nice. I was hoping the GT and S7 would serve as close competition. I'll probably get my race in during the weekend.

RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 (JGTC) '04
This should be even with the Celica, I found the Cusco to push abit, and the MR-S was too heavy.

Race done and dusted; My car behaves so well it feels a little sterile, but that does make it fast and consistent.

Time Submitted.

Updated first post. No submission from Bopop and I don't have my full time in front of me.
Congrats to shotamagee and his superior Toyota.

Soryy I coulnd't race, 2 hours is just too long for me.
Even after 20 minutes it starts to get boring after you run away from the field.

I'm curious, how do you check the seventh and eighth point of the rules? Or is it just like the "Don't check the game/book/film/whatever" on an internet's trivia?

Since there are so few divers left in GT4, the ones who stayed are the more devoted fans.
Therefore, they appreciate the game more so than others that have moved on, and since there are so few of us, it's an honor system.
In time trials we always check the leaders fast time, but with this, (Especially since it's 90 laps.) its actually ok if you go off, as long as you're not using it to your advantage on purpose.

And if you do cheat, then only you are going to know about it, so feel good about yourself for beating people by cutting the course, or having a 100kgs lighter car.

My race was fairly uneventful, I was in first after a few laps and ended up winning by 6 laps.
The Toyota is a great car, I can't fault anything about the way it drives, good tyre life too, but plenty of downforce and not that much power goes a long way towards explaining that.
The strategy I chose was to use R2 tyres and pit every 15 laps.
It was a long race, I actually paused at halfway to watch some TV so my concentration wouldn't wonder as much during the second half, but the (effectively) 1 million in prize money was a nice bonus.

I started out on R1s and got 25 laps out of them before my fronts wore down. I then switched to R2s but I don't remember how many laps I got out of them. When I got to the last 12 laps I went to R3s to finish the race. I had a couple issues, but overall drove a decent race. I have trouble with the pits on this track because of the sharp left hand turn and the option screen popping up right after it. I accidentally selected a previous setup when I wanted to switch back to R1s mid race. Though with Shotamagee's time it doesn't look like it would of mattered.

That Celica's engine power curve is absolutely amazing. It reminds me of the GT500 Nissan Z's. I took it for a quick spin and shaved 2.5 seconds from my lap time even with a full tank. There's not much to say about my race, a few offs and some paint trading, nothing major. I went with a R1/R2 combo for 2-22 and 2-23 pit lap intervals. I was hoping that just 3 pit stops would help me out, but dang that Celica is good.

Latest Posts

Back