Lambo SV and Trial Mountain = thumbs down

  • Thread starter Thread starter Goshin2568
  • 7 comments
  • 1,241 views
Messages
803
United States
Waco, TX
Messages
GTP_Goshin2568
Messages
Goshin2568
So I bought a Lambo SV a few weeks ago, and love it. I bought every part for it and is my most driven car. I wanted a tune for it so I looked in the tuning section, got a general tune and my goal was to find the best overall tune between La Sarthe, HSR, and Sazuka. I fine-tuned the tune (haha?) that I got from the tuning section and got it feeling really good between those 3 tracks. I then tested it on Grand Valley, SSR7, and SSR5 and it still felt great. Mission accomplished, right? Well, no. I heard alot of people say they did GT All-Stars with the SV, so I was like what the heck? Let's do it.

First race comes up at trial mountain, and this car is all over the place. I would like to consider myself a decent driver, and I kept it in check, but all the time I spent trying to control it meant that I had no time to focus on doing well in the race. I was getting passed at every corner, and the car was everywhere.

I quit the race and started to think what the problem could be. I checked the settings, I was using racing softs...check, looked at the suspension, brakes, LSD etc.. Those were all how I had set them...check.
I began to think that it was because it was a race, and if it was by itself it would do better, so I went into practice mode to Trial Mountain. Same problem. It was everywhere. I began to wonder if maybe my tune was messed up, so I took it to Sazuka. It was great to drive. Completely different car!!!

What's the deal? Looking at Trial Mountain it doesn't seem to be drastically different to Sazuka, Grand Valley, etc. in layout or technicality. So what is the problem? Do I not know Trial Mountain well enough, is Trial Mountain just a hard course? Is my "general tune" not really compatible with the course?

Anybody know what the heck the problem could be, because it is really annoying. :grumpy:
 
Last edited:
I made the 4 wheel drive 50/50 front and back. Made it much more drivable.
 
Trial Mountain is extremely bumpy in the corners. Try tweaking your suspension settings.
 
Soften the suspension and raise the ride height a little.
 
Well, whats your set-up for it? Maybe if you put your set-up in the tuning forums someone might look into it and give you an answer. I don't know anything about tuning, besides that lowering your car (not too much), makes your car look awesome. Anyways, putting your tune in there might just fix your problem. :)
 
Trail Mountain is harder than a lot of other tracks because it has a few high speed curves with elevation changes. The very fist part of the track (in forward) is fairly challenging compared to anything else on the game.
 
Yeah, trial mountain murders the front tyres on most of the cars I drive there, but most of them are road cars with soft sport tyres.

I used the JGTC Supra for the Trail Mountain race (and all stars series) and it took a few goes at the setup before it felt comfortable..

As everyone has mentioned already, this track is very bumpy and needs a soft setup.

The lambo is 4wd and you're using soft slicks, so there shouldn't be an oversteer issue, but when you say it's ''all ovr the place'' can you give us more details..??

Oversteer, understeer??

On your suspension, what are your toe settings front and rear??

I drive my lambo on sports soft tyres and it's got well over 700bhp, it's a bit of a beast but it's controllable and fun to drive.
 
Ya that's what I was thinking. I will try softening suspension and raising it a bit. What I meant by all over the place is it was just sliding. Not really over or understeer but almost as if it was raining. Now that I think about it however, that was probably due to the suspension being much to hard, so the car was bouncing everywhere. Thanks for the input.
 
Back