Lamborghini Miura P400 S 1971

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 2 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents the missing Lamborghini Miura P400 S from 1971 ... some people will find (again) a non-needed suggestion because we already have the P400 in GT6 and the SV seems already been suggested ... I know all of this.
But I want to complete the most serie of the most iconic car from Lamborghini, so here is the S version.

And as a bull running aficionado, run a few times in my young years the bull running in Pamplona and still now visit every year a few bull running mainly in Portugal.
Harsk100 knows what I'm talking about, he lives in the city I visit, Moita do Ribatejo in May and September.

Why talking about bulls in a car suggestion, because Lamborghini's in the beginning are named to famous Spanish Bull species, one of them are the beautiful and extremely dangerous Miura Bulls ... so much respect for those animals.

Disclaimer: Bull running is totally not the same as Bull fighting!

2ew2q20.jpg

THIS CAR IS DEDICATED TO ALL MY "BULL RUNNING" FRIENDS
The Lamborghini story is like Ferraris story maybe one of the most known stories in automotive world, so I won't tell you again what you already should know about Lamborghini.

Although the Miura wasn't the first car produced by Lamborghini’s new car factory, it is the most famous and perhaps the best example of his dream to revolutionise the world of sports cars. This is the car that started the basic layout that we now associate with almost all super cars – it’s rear-mid engined and rear-wheel drive – and the engine is a roaring 3929 cc V12.

Nineteen sixty-eight heralded the introduction of an updated Miura: the P400 S. This model retained the same gorgeous Bertone design penned by Marcello Gandini and featured the ongoing updates that were applied over the course of the production run of the original Miura P400.

Visually, what differentiated the P400 S from the P400 were bare-metal headlight bezels and its chrome-plated exterior window trim, as well as the addition of an “S” badge to the rear. Inside, the P400 S benefitted from higher-quality interior trim throughout and a revised instrument layout with power windows. Adding to interior comfort was air conditioning, which was made available in later models.

Similarly subtle changes followed for the drivetrain, which resulted in 20 more horsepower being coaxed from the Miura’s 4.0-litre V-12, bringing total output to 370 horsepower. This was possible thanks to the installation of higher-lift camshafts with revised timing and the utilisation of four Weber 40IDL-3L carburettors. Additionally, the Miura’s splined drive shaft system was replaced with constant velocity joints. For the suspension, the Armstrong shocks were replaced by Koni shock absorbers.

Just like its predecessor, the P400 S’ performance was astounding. Road & Track tested a new P400 S Miura for their April 1970 issue and clocked a 5.5-second 0–60 mph time, as well as a top speed of 168 mph, whilst a later test by Autocar magazine that August cited a top speed of 172 mph.

The Miura presented here, bearing chassis number 4827, was one of the last fifteen examples of its kind produced, with a factory completion date of 28 December 1970. This is one of the final examples of its kind, as it has benefitted from numerous upgrades that were incorporated into the P400 S production run, such as a reinforced chassis and ventilated disc brakes, which replaced the solid disc brakes, as they had a tendency to fade under spirited driving. Following its completion, it was delivered to its first Belgium owner, through dealer Socaria, on 11 January 1971. In 1980, it was purchased by another enthusiast in Belgium, who retained the car for the following 22 years. At that time, the car was offered for sale in France, where it was finished in its current colour combination of yellow over black and was showing just 24,611 kilometres on its odometer from new.

Specifications
Power: 370 hp
Top speed: 277 km/h (172 mph)
Displacement: 3,929 cc
Engine: DOHC transverse mid-mounted alloy V-12 engine
Fuel feed: Four Weber 40 IDL 3C carburettors
Transmission: Five-speed manual
Suspension: Independent front and rear suspension with A-arms, coil springs, tubular shock absorbers, and anti-roll bars
Chassis: Reinforced
Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic ventilated disc brakes
Wheelbase: 2.499 mm (98.4 in)

2llzvxh.jpg

2ztj4sm.jpg

b4hopj.jpg

fuxnxh.jpg

proxy.php
23i6zv8.jpg

THE OTHER LAMBORGHINIS ARE HERE

THE LAMBORGHINI TRACTOR IS HERE

Last edited: