Lamborghini Portofino Concept 1987

• Thread starter Epic B
  • 2 comments
Canada
On the run
NaveekDarkroom
g5cthcsgeabucvciabbj.jpg

1987-Chrysler-Lamborghini-Portofino-Concept-3.jpg

https://jalopnik.com/that-time-lamborghini-made-a-sedan-that-became-a-chrysl-1539006273

No, not the Ferrari Portofino. The Lamborghini Portofino concept is a 4 door, 4 seat sedan built on the Jalpa chassis, with the same mid mounted 3.5 liter V8 and 5 speed manual. All four doors are scissor doors, with the rear doors opening rearward. While the Portofino never made it to production, Chrysler had just acquired Lamborghini at the time and design elements made their way into Chrysler's front wheel drive LH platform vehicles.

...Uhm, technically, this can't be a "mid-engine", since there are the rear seats using up space for that... so, it's more like rear-engined, I guess.

...Uhm, technically, this can't be a "mid-engine", since there are the rear seats using up space for that... so, it's more like rear-engined, I guess.
I think it does qualify as mid engine cause the engine is behind the back seats, but still in front of the rear axle (Or at least appears to be from one of the images in the linked article) and what appears to be a rear trunk. If the engine was where a rear trunk would be then it would be rear engine.

Last edited:
Back