Lameonade's ShareSpace

• Thread starter Lameonade
  • 2 comments
United States
Inkster, MI
Lameonade
Lameonade One
rendezvous.PNG

Hello and welcome to my new share-space where I upload things that I find interesting or that's happening in my local area. It'll mostly be graphic design and photography related things.

The header image will change depending on what I'm working on at the moment.

Image update log:

May 11th, 2018 - I've been getting into photography with my first DSLR, a Pentax K-70 w/ 18-135mm lens. Lately I've been sitting outside my house and taking pictures of cars that go by, trying to keep a steady set of hands.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Here's a track I conjured up whilst I was mowing the backyard. The following picture is an areal view of my backyard (a large rectangle) and the path I took (orange) to mow the lawn (not exactly, but 80% accurate).

track.png

Next I traced it into Illustrator and added a few bits to make it plausible. The red is a pit lane and the tiny gray pieces connect the perimeter and interior tracks to create new, interesting layouts. It should be noted that this fictional track is of a larger scale than my backyard. A 'to-scale' version would probably be more suitable for karts instead of cars.

outline.PNG

Finally I took apart the line segments and utilizing the Eraser tool, created 11 unique layouts to drive on.

tracks.PNG

The next task is to create sectors, name corners, and create an elevation map to go with these. I don't have very much Blender experience, so I'll have to study YouTube videos if I want to make this a real object.

EDIT: Added sectors to each configuration. I should figure out how to do lengths...

sectors.PNG

Last edited:
Back