I noticed that GT4 has an option for LAN games. I used to play and love the iLink GT3 games even though you had to put all the consoles in the same room. I am thinking of trying the GT4 LAN capabilities, so I wonder how this will work.
Do you setup one machine as the "host" and the other ones use the host IP address to join the game? This would be cool as I'd be able to play with my friends with everyone at their own home.
Or do all machines have to be in the same subnet and use broadcasting to "find each other"? I hope not, because although this makes connection easier, it would be one heck of an unnecessary cripling of what networking allows you to do.
Do you setup one machine as the "host" and the other ones use the host IP address to join the game? This would be cool as I'd be able to play with my friends with everyone at their own home.
Or do all machines have to be in the same subnet and use broadcasting to "find each other"? I hope not, because although this makes connection easier, it would be one heck of an unnecessary cripling of what networking allows you to do.