Lan Play on F1?

• Thread starter MaddMatt
  • 15 comments
I have been tinkering with LAN play on F1 and love it. It took me a while to get it to work offline & LAN but now it's working flawlessly.

Something that's been bothering me, though, is that while running in LAN, the computer automatically slows me down for the corners. I can't seem to find a setting to fix it. Does anybody know how to turn this off?

It takes a great game down to simply mashing the pedal and steering, much less fun than it could be.

Thanks

MM

Options > Driver Aids > Brake Assist
Switch it to off. Job done.

While you're at it, switch off everything else ;)

I messed around with this for an hour before posting and then 5 minutes after I posted it, I found the answer after roaming thru the menus.

Thanks for the info guys.

I have been looking for racing games that I can play on a LAN without going online and this one is great. Ferrari worked too but the learning curve there is a little steep.

Do you guys know of any other offline-lan racing games?

MM

Other than GT4, can't say that I do offhand.:embarrassed:

I had the F1 LAN Party over the weekend. 6 wheels, 6 screens and 6 people in each race going head to head. It was an absolute blast.

Although it is a great simulation-game, with the right settings, it can be a great "pick up and race" game as well. Even the first timers has alot of fun.

Just thought I would share.

Ok, LAN play with this game is awesome. So awesome that I haven't been playing single player much at all. Other than cars, are there any tracks that unlock? While we love the challenging tracks, we typically end up at Monza as it's easier. If I knew I could unlock another easier track, I would jump into the single player mode with both feet.

Any idea/suggestions?

MM

Only one track to unlock: Jerez. Jerez is a pretty tight track so don't break your back to get it. Bahrain is a pretty forgiving track although the scenery is less than inspiring.

Thanks again for the help. We've been playing alot of LAN with the Monza and Imola tracks. Both great fun and easy for first timers to get.

We had another 6 player lan party this weekend, incredible. I may actually bump it up to 8 players! We always had people waiting and wanting to play.

Thanks for all the help guys. As this is one of the only offline LAN games for the ps3, we've really been enjoying it and your tips on this board have been a great help

MM

Bahrain is a pretty forgiving track although the scenery is less than inspiring.
You think it could use a few palm trees then?:dopey:

@ MaddMatt: With what you just said, it has me wondering how many people can you have on a LAN. It would be nice if you can do it with a full field of 22 cars. :)

Last edited:
Yes and no.

I mean, I can get 8 ps3's in a room with monitors but I would guess I am in the minority. It does seem weird, though, to put a limit on it. I'm sure you'd get someone, somewhere that find a way to hook up 16 in one room or something but what are the chances?

MM

Real quick answer to an old thread.

I've found a bunch of offline LAN racing games including Ferrari Challenge, SuperCar Challenge (import to US), two really bad offroad racing games, and the new 2010 MX vs ATV. From what I understand GT5 will offer 16 player LAN as well but we won't know until November!

Hi,

I just recently purchased an additional PS3 and tried LAN play. There is no lag at all and none of that horrible smoke that the online part of the game suffers from.

I was able to go wheel to wheel without taking the other person out or having some sort of incident 👍

Strange that there are only 8 available slots for LAN play, where as there are 11 for online.

Maybe the reduced numbers of allowed players are part of the optimised network code for LANs?
Its highly likely they built the LAN code first for the game and only made the internet components later, which would mean the LAN side is more refined. (as its easier to test the networking side of the game in LANs and then simply adapt it for internet play I would assume).

Perhaps also it was a design decision that people are less likely to have 11 PS3s and it wouldn't be as appreciated as a faster, smoother running game. Not sure why they felt 11 players was a must for internet games though, I'm sure many would prefer a better overall online experience than more players.

Back