• Thread starter RJS
  • 11 comments

RJS

Portugal
Lisbon
rjvmsantos
RJVMS
Hello

As the title says, how can I reduce the understeer of the car?
I've been a player of GT since the first one, but only on this one, I had interest on tuning the car by myself, and the Delta understeers a lot.

Any tips?

Try this, I was playing with it tonight, 450pp - sports hard

Full weight reduction, + exhaust / engine parts to 450pp

Suspension:

125 / 122
8.56 / 8.47
2 / 8
1 / 4
4 / 2
1.0 / 1.0
+0.10 / -0.10

Racing brakes:

3 / 9

Everything else stock (for me) - feel free to change gearbox..

This was "version 1" setup, feels ok, doesn't understeer anymore, but not sure if this pp/tyre combo suits it the best..

If your pp/tyres are alot different, this setup will need tweaking..

I have the car with the same tires and 454pp, so the tune is a good fit. I'm trying to understand how this works, and my tune was like this

Suspension:
90/95
5.00/7.50
3/6
3/6
3/6
1.5/1.2
0.10/0.00

Stock brakes:
4/3

Also have a custom LSD, but with the stock values

I'm going to try your tune, and if you want, I'll give you some feedback

One question, do you have ABS on or off? 3/9 on the brakes, with ABS off seems a little bit agressive.

RJS
I have the car with the same tires and 454pp, so the tune is a good fit. I'm trying to understand how this works, and my tune was like this

Suspension:
90/95
5.00/7.50
3/6
3/6
3/6
1.5/1.2
0.10/0.00

Stock brakes:
4/3

Also have a custom LSD, but with the stock values

I'm going to try your tune, and if you want, I'll give you some feedback

One question, do you have ABS on or off? 3/9 on the brakes, with ABS off seems a little bit agressive.

I tune with ABS on 1 - but sometimes race with it off - depends who's room I'm in....

Try the setup, as it might need adjusting to your style/steering settings, once we get it working for you I can explain it..

EDIT: I didn't use a custom LSD as the car was feeling OK and it easily handled the power. More power added would definately be beneficial to change over to custom LSD, but with this tyre/power combo it didn't really feel necessary..

The turn-in on your setup is far better. Does it have to do with the spring rate?

But maybe I'm used to my setup because I still manage to be a little bit faster with it.

RJS
The turn-in on your setup is far better. Does it have to do with the spring rate?

But maybe I'm used to my setup because I still manage to be a little bit faster with it.

Cool, no worries..

These setups take a little while to get used to, usually means braking a tiny bit earlier, turning in less aggressive, but turning more progressively - so you end up carrying more speed through the corner. It's hard to explain, as the better turn in means alot of people think you can brake and turn later.

Comparing the setups, the main differences would be ride height, rear toe and brakes - those 3 on yours are set to understeer (compared to what was on mine)..

But your dampers/roll bars are more oversteer / turn in, but the understeer from the other settings are probably over-powering these, especially the brakes. Alot of 4wd FR cars I'd always have rear brake higher..

You could just swap your ride height and brakes around (fr to rr) and straight away that'd make a difference. The Integrale an alot of other 4wd FR's are under-steery on GT, like the EVO's on GT5.

The Subaru's aren't - they're normally very good straight out the box.

There's some EVO / Scooby setups on my tuning thread, you'll see some similarities in them which might be helpful for your setups on similiar cars.. (hopefully) 👍

Big help you gave me. I've been trying to make the car enjoyable, and now it drives like a diferent car. It's not so stiff on turn-in and overall, it seems like a better car.

With this setup and a few changes on the drive style, I manage to take nearly 0.3 seg, on the first lap.

Suspension
125/120
8.56/8.47
2/8
1/4
3/6
1.5/1.0
0.10/-0.10

Brake: 3/9

Even with ABS off, it doesn't lock up the back wheels. It is like your setup, with more front camber and a ARB to oversteer more.

Again, big like on your help 👍

RJS
Big help you gave me. I've been trying to make the car enjoyable, and now it drives like a diferent car. It's not so stiff on turn-in and overall, it seems like a better car.

With this setup and a few changes on the drive style, I manage to take nearly 0.3 seg, on the first lap.

Suspension
125/120
8.56/8.47
2/8
1/4
3/6
1.5/1.0
0.10/-0.10

Brake: 3/9

Even with ABS off, it doesn't lock up the back wheels. It is like your setup, with more front camber and a ARB to oversteer more.

Again, big like on your help 👍

No worries - that's what we're here for... :D

Feel free to drop by my tuning thread if you need anything or to give feedback. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad (feedback), you can never stop learning in this game. Usually, the bad feedback is helpful to pin-point problem area's.. it's also usefull to learn/know about different driving styles aswell..

👍

Reduce understeer? I had to reduce OVERSTEER once I was done with it, and that was without ballast.

Latest Posts

Back