Lancia Y Owned Muscle Cars...

Portugal
Guimarães
So, my young brother was just playing GT2, and decided to enter the Muscle Car Cup with the Lancia Y, that happens to be our family car, at Seattle full circuit just for the fun of it, ended up kicking their
a:censored:s. It was funny to see him in a car with at least half the other cars' power and not to mention FWD and his sloppy driving skills...
Anyone with similar situations?
ThK1okY.png

There's to say that one of the most common criticisms about GT2 is the AI, not only because they don't seem to be able to make some corners properly (such as in the Rome track) but also because they never really push their cars to their limits. Or seem to.
Anyhow that was a great win; once I felt I was a hero when I won that race (and not by much) with a stock AMG C43, but this is way more extreme!

It's also annoying how the AI seem to be blind and just kamakaze into you should you get in the way of their racing line.

I remember racing the Y (with nearly-full tuning, no race-mod) and winning lots of races as I became better at the game.

Then again, I could eke out Muscle Car races with a fully-tuned Subaru 360...hey, it's the right the era! Driving the Muscle Cars would give easy wins in those three races, but they were usually at sea for most other events, unless you modded them a bit.

The Shelby GT350 is definitely the sportiest pick of the bunch, since you can knock it down to 2500 pounds or so.

IIRC, the Y is actually a great car, especially with Rome's tight corners. Great powerband, and superlight, nimble handling. But if I understand the AI correctly, it'll cut power by up to around 30% if it gets far enough ahead of you (6-10 seconds maybe) and will boost power the same if it gets about that far behind. If you can't keep up after power has been reduced that much, then yeah, you just fall further and further behind, and likewise if they can't keep up with a 30% boost, then you may get to lap them. But if the cars are fairly close in potential, usually everybody will be within +/- 6 to 10 seconds at the end. The real cheat is the rubbish cornering of the AI's in certain critical spots, like the last couple corners of Rome, where you can be several cars behind going into the 2nd to last corner, kind of slam/ride them up the inside of the last 2, and slingshot ahead for a win when you really shouldn't have been much of a match for them... helps that they slow down too much for the 2nd to last corner as well. Usually just after the start/finish they'll pass you. Best thing you can do to keep it competitive is to use worse tires than the competition so your cornering isn't as good. Which is to say, the AI isn't really rubbish in GT2, you just have to understand it, and adjust your car accordingly. Then GT2 gets really exciting, when you can construct really competitive races.

Okay, have to share now, dig this out... old thread with a couple of close races and details about how to get a close race...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/close-competition.210554/

Back