Language choices on the imported versions of GT5: Prologue?

• Thread starter gorbachev
  • 12 comments
Sorry if this has been covered already, I searched the forums and couldn't find anything.

On the imported versions (Hong Kong and Japan), is there any language choices other than Japanese or Chinese?

Since Sony is being such d***s about the US release date, like many of you, I'm looking to import, but I just wanted to know beforehand whether I have to schlop through menus in Kanji or is there a way to switch the language to English or any other western language.

asian release isn't out yet

japan release is in japanese. but there isnt all that much japanese in it so the game is very easy to play.

sony is not a D*$*$* for US release. its PD team, its their decision when they feel like translating to english.. and still im not mad at them :)

well im a patient guy, so im waiting for the US release.

Its actually SCEA (Sony US) that makes the decisions about releasing in the US, they are the publisher.

PD team = Developer not publisher.

think of the most common languages:

english
japanese
german
chinese
french
spanish

they will probably be realeased in that order japanese and english jockeying for position

Its actually SCEA (Sony US) that makes the decisions about releasing in the US, they are the publisher.

PD team = Developer not publisher.

From what I recall, PD is a wholly owned subsidiery of Sony, and as such has a little different relationship with their "publisher" than one traditionally anticipates.

So, unlike the Turn10 guys who were forced by their publisher M$ (also their bosses ironically) to release an unfinished piece of junk as they "rushed to market" - Kaz and his team are allowed to tak etheir sweet time and actually get some things right ;) - so while Sony US can probably decide if they want to release a certain localized version in a certain time frame, I don't think they get to tell PD when this will happen, but rather just wait for it to be ready.

(yes - I am still pi$$ed at Turn10 and Micro$haft for not supporting the G25 and for not having decent replay cameras in Forza2 ;) )

GT5, unlike previous GT, has a limit release date. At least that's what Yamauchi said on one of his latest interviews. But then added that they don't care too much about what Sony says, they are independent, that's why GT5 won't come out until Yamauchi thinks it's finished (let's hope sooner than later).

I remember reading that GT2 was unfinished, so it could be on time for the holiday season.

From what I recall, PD is a wholly owned subsidiery of Sony, and as such has a little different relationship with their "publisher" than one traditionally anticipates.

So, unlike the Turn10 guys who were forced by their publisher M$ (also their bosses ironically) to release an unfinished piece of junk as they "rushed to market" - Kaz and his team are allowed to tak etheir sweet time and actually get some things right ;) - so while Sony US can probably decide if they want to release a certain localized version in a certain time frame, I don't think they get to tell PD when this will happen, but rather just wait for it to be ready.

(yes - I am still pi$$ed at Turn10 and Micro$haft for not supporting the G25 and for not having decent replay cameras in Forza2 ;) )

Yes thats right, KY in a interview did say Sony always bother them with released dates and he laughed and they don't take them seriously because Sony know he is a perfectionist. GT5P could be partly released to keep Sony happy aswell as us fans.

but when KY is ready, it is upto SCEE and SCEA to release local versions in the US, EU, AUS, NZ etc.

but when KY is ready, it is upto SCEE and SCEA to release local versions in the US, EU, AUS, NZ etc.

This I would not argue with as SCEA do have the last say on what to release - and we have seen the US execs at SCEA make some bone headed choices in the past - like NOT import/ask for localized versions of GT4P.

They would have sold everyone had they bothered to do a little R&D into thei rown market.

They would have sold everyone had they bothered to do a little R&D into thei rown market.

Haha they did and they came up with "Gamers would get confused and wouldn't understand what a Prologue is" :lol:

and in some way its true, there have been a few people come into this forum complaining because they thought GT5P was a fully blown GT release.

I think the fact Sony want to sell more consoles and US GT fans have been jumping around they ended up announcing a GT5P released for US markets.

Back